1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultrasonic Cleaner Advice

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Expat Jack, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Ok you lot. Can anyone recommend a good Ultrasonic Cleaner?
    Ideally of a reasonable size.
    What do you use your for other than bike parts?
    Thinking of it as an Xmas present to me from the Mrs.

2. Phillips have one for your teeth. Perhaps you could get one for your wife but borrow it occasionally for use on your carbs?

soni.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Bargains do turn up on the bay, I landed a 22L for 120 quid. Good size for a rebuild project as opposed to small one off pieces.

Saying that I was speaking to a mate who couldn't get his carb sorted on a bit of garden equipment.. he'd tried the ultrasonic cleaner 3 times and was about to junk the repair job, when he mixed 50% vinegar with 50% water and heated it up to 60deg C and left the carbs to soak... and wouldn't you know job's a goodun!

#3 The Royal Maharaja, Nov 11, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 3
  4. I would think the lady would prefer the Anne Summers version...

That and a baby bath will clean your chain.. :)

5. If you are looking for something useable for bike stuff, as The Royal Maharaja said, the bigger the better, say 20 to 30 litres and buy one with an internal heater, up to about 60 to 80 degrees C. Look to spend anything between £200 and £300 off eBay. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Have a look at Allendale Ultrasonics. They do really good kit to suit most budgets and also sell the correct cleaning additives for particular jobs. You could have the best unit in the world, but if you use the wrong chemicals, you won't get the results.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Try a DIY job, Utube has a fair few guides.

8. Thanks but the Mrs wants to get me a pressie for being such a brilliant husband. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Very helpful, thanks Neil. Especially the range of various chemicals.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Harper's Ultrasonic Carburettor Cleaning,
    Cheshire.
    Matt knows his stuff and is really helpful
    He cleaned the carbs on my ‘97 900ss
    and swapped out all the rubber O rings and gaskets, future proofing them for the ethanol additive.
    Well worth it, it starts and ticks over far easier as a result

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seriously?????

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Errrr.

No

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Fisherbrand. Top quality kit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information