1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unbelievable

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by dukeman358, Sep 1, 2021.

1. So last year’s renewal for my Panigale V4S £160 FC valued at £16k. MCE Bargain right! Replacing the bike with an SP so value doubled and quote to change on £5400 until April FFS. So chasing a reasonable quote now !!

2. Yeah my multi bike went up from 750 for Corse, Streetfighter and R1 to 1700 when replacing R1 with SP. try Bikesure. They were cheapest I found.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They've seen you ride ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  4. Its usually better to cancel your current policy and start a completely new one. It'll be much cheaper

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I think when you go over the £20k threshold it can get mental. I had a similar experience insuring my V4S when I first bought it… good luck :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  6. My insurance has come down a lot since I bought the bike new in 2018, as its current market value is probably only about £15K, despite it having just 12 miles on the clock. Trouble is I now have to get into the agreed value debarcle (owing to the somewhat large list of parts on the bike), which from previous experience is almost not worth the hassle, for the considerable hike in premium. Some pondering required I feel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Try Cornmarket and talk to Deane. He has kissed the Blarney stone but has been very helpful getting value on my Speciale. Spoke to him today and he has a direct contact at the underwriters who is supposed to understand about Ducatis. Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I suggest BeMoto, they insure my S1000XR and Panigale R for a manageable premium; not London and older rider. Also, the Pangale R must have a tracker fitted to be covered.
    Good luck,
    Tom.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I changed cars around 6 months ago with about 3 months left on my current policy, I contacted the insurer and informed them of the upcoming change and requested a quote for the 3 months until renewal.... it was something daft like £800 for 3 months.

I did the usual price comparisons on-line and got various quotes for 12 months for about 1/2 of what the current insurer wanted for 3 months, needless to say I declined their offer and jumped ship.

I suspect it will be the same for you for your bike.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well I ended up with Bemoto at £860. Can’t believe it o_O hopefully I will get a trackday insurance discount ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wow. That’s some wedge!!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information