1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uneven Tyre Wear

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by West Cork Paul, Mar 7, 2020.

1. The rear on my Monster 1100S is nearing the end of its life having done >8000km. When checking it after yesterday’s ride to see how much longer I might be able to leave it I noticed it’s worn more on the rhs than the left.

Hopefully you can see it in the photo. The grooves on the rhs don’t extend as far towards the centre line as those in the left; and no, before anyone asks, it hasn’t been around a clockwise direction track - hasn’t been around any track.

I’m just curious as to why this would be?

TIA

3123A660-7D04-4FE3-9DBA-BF2D61EF850A.jpeg

2. Are you a roundabout ragamuffin, Paul?

I think you might be.

3. Mate, that tyre is well beyond its best before date. To my untrained eye, your pressure has been at some stage too high and it looks like you are more confident on right hand bends than left hand bends. Andy

#3 Android853sp, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  4. Road camber perhaps,
    or as Loz says you is simply a ragamuffin!

Not sure how the second piece of advice helps.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Try doing a few counterclockwise rotations around your local roundabout to even things up ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. You'll note how quiet Paul has gone.

Definite ragamuffin tell, that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. The worn part of the tyre is hardly knee down warrior...

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. I doubt a non-expert could have picked that up!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  9. and @Ackers , no roundabouts out here they don't exist:(

Thinking of my favourite bits of road I actually prefer left hand bends than right hand ones but who knows. Re tyre pressures I'm running 34psi at the rear when warm.

I know, very gentile me, easy on easy off the throttle, smoothness is the word, plus I'm lazy and can't be arsed to move my arse out of the saddle so the knee sliders on my leathers are still virginal, plus, truth be known I'm a teensy bit scared of going for it on a public road:(, never know what ejeeit around here has decided to just stop in the middle of the road around the bend.

I perhaps, one day, ought to take one of the bikes to the one and only track in Ireland but it's a 4hr drive away:(

10. Why not take a holiday in sunny England and do some of the tracks? You are welcome to stay at my place and visit Cadwell Park if you want to experience one of the best bike circuits there is IMHO.

There is no comparison between road and track riding - those knee sliders would quickly lose their innocence! :)

Bring that lovely 848 if you still have it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I’m sure from your ivory tower up there you would of got it .. you are normally right about everything else!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. i tought you had square abouts in ireland !

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. I don't see canvas - she'll be right ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. The trade in ivory (other than antique items) is illegal, Andy. I would have thought an expert would know this!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. If it's as old as him it's fine :):upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. So. Rude.

17. I've often thought that about him too, just a little insecure maybe :worried:

18. [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information