1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unfriendly Owner's Forums. Why?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fire3500, Feb 14, 2017.

1. I think I've been spoiled in here. I can ask numpty questions and get reasonable and helpful answers from friendly people (on the whole). It's not the same everywhere... I've recently bought a BMW GS and as I like to buy bits and bobs and learn about my vehicles (it's a hobby as well as transport) I joined the GSER forum... my god, you run the gauntlet every time you post *anything* on there. It's cliquey, aggressive and generally pretty horrible.

Some would say "oh it's banter", but what the hell is it with forums that turns people into complete bell-ends? You wouldn't talk to people like that, who you SHARE AN INTEREST WITH, in real life so why do it online? Actually I once - ONCE - went with a mate to a Porsche owners club thing in Retford and found that they were pretty unfriendly in real life too, unless you had an 18 month old Boxster on PCP and played golf in pink trousers... my 30 year old and hanging 924 at the time failed to excite them. :D

So there you have it... BMW GS owners... they're arrogant and unfriendly on their forum as well as on the road... :tearsofjoy: ...great bike, but I'm not a fan of the owners so far. :mask:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Did you try Boxertrix , one my brother is one as a BMW owner

• Like Like x 1
  3. Couldnt agree more. Really rubbed me up the wrong way to spend £12 to renew full forum access, just to sell off some GS parts. The forum admin is a twat as well. Just biding my time for a big 'fuck you' good bye lol. Bit my tongue (desktop warrior tongue!) on one occasion and just waiting..
    Shame tbh as there are a lot of experienced folks on there. Heaven help you though if your suggestions and help do not conform to admins way of thinking on days they get up on the wrong side of bed. Not know as 'tossers' for nothing me thinks. Great bike but wont miss the idiots, Im going orange, whilst keeping a toe in the Red camp!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I must go and join :Angelic:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lol. The guy is an absolute dick.

6. Best not start asking questions about Hilltop tuning. That one really brings the idiots out!

7. Sounds like we all need to sign up, think of the havoc we could cause if we put our minds to it. Serve them right if they're really that bad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. I've met the ukgser forum owner a number of times, nice guy. Been about with lots of people off of there around the country. On the whole genuine nice people but you do get the stuck up twat who is always better than you or I. I also think the £12 a year subscription model is a good thing. Helps remove mass advertizing & show's people are involved in the community. Over the years I was heavily into that site, I'd saved loads of money reading & following other peoples advice. Occasionally pop back to read this & that..

therevcounter has become a no go zone for me with the up themselves london crowd who do no miles but are willing to sit around discussing ways of reducing ones need to pay taxes. They will never get my cash for subscribing ever again, however much I appreciate plenty of the characters on that site.

9. exige?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. What :Bucktooth:

go get em Chizzer :upyeah:

11. Lol.

This forum has some great characters, love it, maybe the 'other' one has too......

nah. :tearsofjoy:

12. seriously though, the forum guy may be a good guy, still a rude dick on his forum from time to time though and Im not easy to offend.

13. At least our forum is run by pure unadulterated evil so we know where we stand :Finger:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. :Watching::Bag:

15. never been a member of another forum.. Apart from ducatisti but not for long befor it closed.
    I've looked at a few though and most are either very inactive or full of twats. We have our twats too, myself included, but most of em are entertaining and harmless enough. All and all I think, if nothing else, we are a welcoming bunch with pretty thick skin.

• Like Like x 1
  16. and that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. E(vi)L toro... The 4.5th horse man

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Evil, evil place. BUT, I have garlic and crucifix to hand.....

19. great.. Another Christian with bad breath... Just what we need....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 4.5 foot horse man :Wideyed: now you've done it :eek:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information