1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unknown Wheel - Possibly Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by mtuttey, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Hi everyone, I hope you're having a good Thursday so far.

I was wondering if anyone with a bit more knowledge about Ducati's could shed any light please.

I bought a cafe racer project last earlier this year which was partially worked on - it had a fork conversion and, I would assume, the front wheel that came with that. At the time I was advised it was from a Honda CBR600RR however the front wheel doesn't seem to match and from just general searching online it seems the closest I have found to the style is from a Ducati. Is anybody able to please confirm whether this is the case (or indeed tell me I'm barking up the wrong tree?) - it's 17"

Much appreciated,

Matt

4b0f5e89-41c6-4686-978f-3955ec6c3c4a.JPG

2. Looks similar to the Hypermotard 9 spoke. Andy

3. Looks like a Multi / Panigale / Supersport rear wheel. Got a pic of the part number / front side?

4. Difficult to see from the picture, what size is the tyre? 110/70 17?
    Any other markings or logos on the wheel?

5. Looks like space for a mechanical speedo drive disc in the hub, which would date it somewhat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the quick responses, and to answer some of the points:

The only number I can find is J17XMT3.5 (although I'm not sure if this is the part number) - I've attached another couple of photos

Yes, the tyre size is 110/70 17, but apart from the number above there doesn't seem to be any other identifying marks unfortunately.

Yes, it did have a mechanical speedo drive, so suspect it's fairly old!

Much appreciated everyone. bffc3599-ef92-407f-8eda-39be2719c2c6.JPG
    IMG_8091.jpg

7. What ever it’s from it has no business with a wavy disc!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Haha, I'll deal with that issue when I can figure out what disc to replace it with

• Like Like x 2
  9. Any part numbers on the aftermarket disc that would give any clues? The boxy fork bottoms don't look like anything Showa/Honda.

10. Unfortunately nothing obvious on them

11. I had a good look for that wheel and absolutely no idea, the only thing i could find that was similar is the Ducati 959 supersport but that is modern, so no idea.:upyeah::thinkingface:

12. Spent a bit of time on t’internet whilst chillin’ and the wheel looks very similar to ones made by ENKEI for 90’s Hondas and Kawasakis. Andy

13. Thanks for spending your time investigating guys, it's a bit of a mystery. I'll have a look into the Enkei's and I guess the next job is trying to work out where he front end is from.

Really appreciate your help.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 chrisw, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information