1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unplugged In Cumbria

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by PeteW, Mar 21, 2015.

1. First day out on the duc today - a sunny ride up to the Lakes. Parked up in Bowness briefly, and then Ambleside for half an hour, to eat chips and chuck rocks at ducks, and now my bike is short in the frame plugs department to the tune of 2, thanks to the light-fingered work of a thieving tosspot. Watch it out there - it's a jungle.

• Like Like x 1
  2. that sucks.. they didnt fall out?

3. Is must have been the ducks, devious feathery things.
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. No, they were definitely pilfered. It was just the 2 on the RHS, and I parked to the left of 1 other bike in a bike bay and I'm 99% sure that's when they vanished. But I did notice that the ducks were all eyeballing my bike.

5. do you think it might have been the ones you stoned? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think it was the ducks getting their own back after you stoning them
    Don't underestimate the ducks ;)

7. Did you have crispy duck take away the night before,

8. They must have come armed with allen keys on the off chance they might find some frame plugs.
    They do work loose I have lost a couple on my 899

9. Damn those pesky mallards! The plugs were just the push-in variety. No allen key needed.

I ought to point out, in case there are any RSPCA folk reading, that I do not stone ducks. Eat them, occasionally. Stone them, never. And if I ever see a duck wielding an allen key I will get him or her a job at the nearest Ducati dealer.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Mine were allen key ones as you tighten it squeezes the rubber to fix in place. They still fell out.

11. I accept that mine *might* have fallen out. But just look at this photo that I took...don't tell me that these ducks are innocent...

ducks.jpg

12. That's ducking terrible, the thieving duckers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Did they teal them ? Frame plugs aren't all there quacked up to be

14. I wonder what the BILL will be for new plugs.

15. They look quackers

16. Quite eggzorbatant

17. This thread is now eggscruciatingly painful

18. What colour are the plugs duck egg.

19. Guilty!!

20. Nevermind. I'll get some new ones off the, er, web.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information