1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure ..which Model

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Justatad, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Hello all, after just breaking up with my partner of 10 years…I need a distraction & some retail therapy, not married or cohabiting thank F**k !!! I’ll try & keep this concise
    I’ve got around 13k to spend, Ive been looking at the 998 s (mono) which would be my preferred choice, also been looking at 1198 s , 1199 Tricolore , obviously there are more availability on the latter two models
    I’ll be straight, I want a bike that will almost be guaranteed not to depreciate, if so, very little
    I have a Multistrada dvt, so it wouldn’t be my only bike, and it will be kept in the hallway of the house to be admired & some fair weather summer riding
    Any advice greatly appreciated
    Steve

#1 Justatad, Jan 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  2. Congratulations :upyeah:….you just dodged a bullet there :D;)

Bikes??…buy whatever makes you happy, sod the depreciation!

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Has to be the 998 then, end of conversation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Here we go with this new model.;)
    46dbbb0398f5867449f067510307eb74.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. If anti smog rules become nationwide, nothing will stop the depreciation (unless its a very, very rare bike). Still if you buy a wonderful 916, 996, 998, 1098, 1099 (others are also available!) the enjoyment you'll get is probably more important.

Have fun finding then riding the right bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. This is a very good point. I think in the near future, unless you have a very rare bike/car, everything will probably depreciate because you’ll be very limited where & when you can ride it.
    Add to that the pressure we’re all going to be under when Greta’s generation grows up & riding a Termi clad petrol bike is going to be a challenge I’m afraid.

As Jez, says , buy it because you love it & at the moment you can still ride it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. She has a matching third somewhere down south.............shit i'm in trouble with that comment.:D

8. Yes nice jugs :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have a DVT Multi for any ride that involves milage but last year I treated myself to a 998 to tinker with and polish then short rides to local bike nights. I'm 70 and a tad overweight so the riding position is not ideal but any discomfort is well worth it for the sheer joy of riding an iconic bike I never dreamt of owning.
    So definately find a 998 and go for it. Great fun and you'll be beating the biker chicks away with a stick.

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information