1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unwanted Emails

Discussion in 'Forum How To's - create an Avatar/Event/Group etc?' started by broke, May 31, 2017.

1. Hi there, complete numpty here. Can anyone tell me how to stop any of my posts and reply's on this forum from being sent to my email account please ?

2. I've amended your profile accordingly. You may just want to clear your cookies too just to make sure it hasn't saved the settings there :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Cheers ET

4. Should it happen again. go to your name in the top right of the page, hover over your user name and a menu will come up

On the left you will see Alert preferences, click on that and simply untick all the boxes

• Like Like x 2
  5. I have unticked all alert preferences and I'm still getting email alerts for every single post.

Am I doing something wrong ?

I m happy to get alerts on my profile on the forum page in the top right hand corner but dont want 20+ emails a day from the forum regards every single post.

6. I've just tweaked your profile. Let me know if it's still happening.

7. I was just going to tag you ET

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yes does seem to be fixed. No more email alerts. Thanks for the help :upyeah:

Is it possible to get no email alerts but get alerts solely to your profile on the forum pages only.

Cake and eat it :p I know:upyeah:

9. Sorry guys spoke to soon the emails have appeared again :(

10. I don't see why. Your settings are identical to mine now and I only see information on the top right of my screen as you've requested.

Try logging out of the site, deleting your cookies, then logging back in again. That may help/work.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ok thanks will try that.

I'm still getting emails and got one actually about this post too ironically. Haha.

Thanks for your help.

12. This and you can’t download the pdf manual. There are problems with your computator and we’re not your tech support you know! ;)

13. I think what happens is that threads created before the changes still activate an email but any new threads don’t.

14. While we're on the subject of alerts and emails. I'd happily lose the emails but like the alert count and dropdown menu you get with the flag icon. If I uncheck all alert preferences does it affect the flag icon info?

15. The flag icon is down to where your ISP server is located.

16. if you go to the top of the thread, at the right hand side you will see "follow thread" and "ignore thread", I think that if you click "ignore thread" you should stop getting emails from that thread (am about to test it out myself).

Pete

17. I think all you need to do is to go to preferences, rather than alert preferences and untick the ‘and receive an email’ box on the first option.
    Leave everything else alone.

18. That’s not what he means.
    He’s referring to the alert flag that appears with a white on red number for how many alerts you have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. I tried that and some, like someone added a file to a watched thread, still get through.
    It's not a major issue really. I'll just play around with the settings until I find something I like.
    Thanks for the responses though.

20. Responses to threads created before you changed your preferences will still get through.
    Anything newer won’t.

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information