1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Up Map Key 1199

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by RacingDuck, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    My 2013 1199s Tricolore came without the Ducati up map key but with Termi cans installed. I bought the bike second hand. Do I need this up map key for some reason or is it just nice to have when I am selling the bike? What do I use this key for?

BTW I have Tuneboy installed and have had the bike tuned at a professional tuner.

2. Theoretically, the stock map is on the up map so if you wanted to go back to stock cans, you’d need a home for the Termignoni map which is the up map. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. My understanding is that the key just toggles between the stock and Termi maps already resident in the ECU.
    I don’t think the key contains any maps, might be wrong.
    So if you remove your Termis and put the stock cans back on, your key, assuming it’s previous use was to activate the Termis, will correctly re-activate the stock map. It will then expect its next use to be to activate the Termi map.
    But let’s say you bought a key off eBay of unknown heritage, if it had previously been used to activate a stock map, then it wouldn’t work to activate your stock map with your stock cans.

4. Just to throw a little bit more uncertainty out there...

There are 3 Maps associated with the 1199 Tricolore and upmap key (possibly other Panigale variants too?)... One for standard exhaust, one for Termi end cans and a thrid (Racing) map for full system.

I don't know whether all three maps are contained in the ECU and the key is simply for enabling the switch between them or whether they are stored on the key but can only be uploaded in a certain sequence...

Perhaps @nelly can offer some more information on the subject?

5. I think the cans have their own key.
    And so does the full system.

6. So if I for some reason want to get the stock map back in my ECU I need an up map key for this? Have custom map now.

Anyone selling an unused up map key for Termi slip ons only?:)

7. There is only one key required for any of the 3 maps as far as I know... As said above, I'm not sure if the maps are already present and the upmap key is required for enabling the change or if the keys actually contain the maps and are uploaded from the key itself.

If the key holds the map and is uploaded from it during the process, you may no longer have a standard map available to revert back to due to the map being overwritten in the ECU hence no longer available to revert back to? If this is the case, an new custom map to suit standard end cans may be your only option going forward?

You may struggle locating a upmap key to purchase with them being crucial to the process... First port of call for me would be speaking to a friendly dealer to establish the current situation and what options you have to achieve what your looking to do...

8. These upmap keys seem to cause no end of problems.

I fitted termi end cans to my 1199 and used the supplied upmap key to switch to the 'Race' map, which happened automatically.

I've since bought a second hand full termi system, which comes with another key. Presumably I should remove the current slip ons and revert to the original map using the first key (just plug it in and turn on the ignition, as before?), fit the new full system and then use the new key to get the 'Evo Race' map? Does this sound right?

If the keys are the same how does the bike know whether to load the Race map or the Evo map?

9. i am pretty sure the part numbers are different as i have seen a few on ebay etc with differing id numbers

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's a key....

If you use a full system you use the key you get with it to unlock the appropriate map on the ECU (they're pre-loaded)

If you go back to stock you use the same key to unlock and revert back to the original map..

Your just locking and unlocking maps already on the ECU (may be the dash? )

That's why there are different keys for slip-ons and full systems... Slightly different fuelling requirements and thus maps...

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information