1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Up-map Standard Exhaust

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Richard Innes, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Hi everyone, and happy new year..
    Dose anyone know where I can get an up-map key for my standard 899 exhaust?
    Thanks Rich

2. You can’t get an official Ducati one, but most good tuners can remap the bike now. CJS etc to name just one that gets recommended a lot. The other option is to look at the upmap devices as they have configurations for various combinations but I think standard exhaust isn’t likely to be one

3. @Phill748
    Thanks, I think I'm gonna have to bite the bulit and buy some termi slip-ons, iv been trying to find away around it, but looks bleek. I have cored my standard exhaust but it sounds quite tinny.
    Thanks Rich

4. Just be aware mate, that if you end up with the front exit Termi's (which some like, I'm on the fence with), they don't allow you to fit baffles I don't believe. Personally I would get Akrapovic's if it were me now as I think they are better built, but you are more likely to find Termi's on the used market.

Just be warned it pretty much rules out trackdays in UK.

The only other option to try, which is still quite noisy, is the Arrow slip on, which will be really nicely built and sound good and around £1400 new.

5. Coring a stock exhaust always results in a loud but pretty unsophisticated sound. I found that a stock 1299 can on my 959 with the removed gave a similar result - not as loud as a cored exhaust but not something you would say is a pleasant exhaust note.

A remap or tuning box isn’t going to really change that. I have a Rapidbike as others have recommended it. Can’t say if it’s made a positive difference or not - bike is terrible at idle when riding through the paddock but runs fine on track - maybe this year I will get around to putting it on a dyno to see what it’s doing.

Decent aftermarket cans are tuned for exhaust note as well as moderate HP gains with the upmap key or remap so if you are looking for a nice sound then there’s no other way to get it.

6. Try BR Tuning.

7. Get a proper remap.

the up map has been proven to be a bit … shit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Totally agree, it's really is a messy sound, and kind of sounds loud and empty, with a tinny note, iv found a pair of titanium termignoni slip ons for £713 delivered, which is pretty good seeing most other slip ons are £1400 upward. I think with the advise given so far its time to change them over and bin the standard pipes. I really appreciate the advice, as I'm new to the ducati seen, and have always had jap bikes which are alot easier to source parts for and don't really break the bank, so hearing people's thoughts on hear and knowledge helps massively to sink abit more money into the right thing.
    So in conclusion, exhaust upgrade and a descent dyno is what is needed.
    Thanks again Rich

• Like Like x 2
  9. From what I'm hearing, I totally agree, trying to mod a ducati is not as cheap as what I'm used to with my previous bikes. But I absolutley have fallen in love with mine, and spent over 3 hours on it, on the one dry day I got over the Christmas break and I loved every minute of it. A descent dyno and exhaust is defo the next step.
    Thanks Rich

10. @Biot, where are BR Tuning located?
    Thanks Rich

11. @Richard Innes if you do get those Termi’s, add a sprint air filter then you’ve got the option of having your ECU bench flashed with a generic map from already saved files. P3 Tuning In Liverpool offer this service (others may be available!) saving some money and time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Welcome to Ducati ownership - breaking the bank is one of their defining characteristics! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Don't disagree with this. The UpMap will be a 'one size fits all' type deal for sure. I remember Wilf Moore at Moto Rapido did a custom remap on my 1098R after a rebuild. And it really was creamy smooth sublime. Do you know if they can do the early V4 Panigale's now? I enquired early doors (2018) and apparently the new ECU's were proving to be a hard nut to crack... I'd be interested in a custom remap if they were available.

14. James at BR TUning helped me with my Upmap issues on my 899. Think there near Welsh border area from memory.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I don't disagree with the view here, but to add a little. I think there's a little bit of 'what do you want from it', to explain on my first 848 Evo I got Wilf to do his '848 challenge map' on it, which turned it into a rocket, it really did but it was very direct, then on my later 848 evo I had the standard Upmap which in comparison was not as powerful I don't think but had a really 'soft' throttle connection, lots of pops and bangs and seemed to run cooler and richer, which was ultimately easier to live with. So I think there is a place for both.

I'd personally probably still go custom map, but ask for particular attention to those throttle transistions, and the connection on the throttle. One of the big things on this is to stop the bike leaning on constant throttle opening, which a decent tuner will sort out.

If you can get Termi's for £700 then all good, then your remap, it's a grand spent very well.

Be warned though, the 3 bolt fitting on the link pipe (infront of the rear wheel) will by now be NASTY and fairly brutal to undo, I'd budget for some new bolts and nuts, and probably lots of penetrating spray and heat to remove them. They changed to a clamp arrangement for 1299/950 (for the OP benefit) which made life a lot easier.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I agree with that.

thing with the UP map from my experience has been the fuelling is often crap when you look at the table.

17. To give you idea… I’ve fitted the std 1199 full system on my 959. I de catted it, cut out the exhaust valve and welded in 2 x 18mm bosses for the proper lambdas. My bike was re mapped to 140 odd at the back wheel. You’ll only gain 1 or maybe 2 bhp more by fitting the Termi or Akra cans with a full system. IMO, just not worth it.

18. They did mine. Top service!

19. Agree with this. You’ll never get amazing power gains from any n/a engine. Most gains are in the headwork anyway.
    Slap a supercharger on the side and it’s a different story :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Thanks to everyone for there input and advice, I'm not expecting massive gains other wise I should have remortgage my house and got a v4!! I just want to add a bit more excitement to the ride. I'll seriously think about using p3 tuning, I just need to find out what's going to give me the best results.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information