1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Upcoming Track Day, Should I Buy Case Savers?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by psych0hans, Sep 7, 2018.

1. As the title says, I have a DRE track day coming up, should I buy case savers for the bike?

2. Is it your first track day??

3. On the Ducati, not in general.

4. I would, if you can afford it and easy to obtain.

But fork sliders and swingarm bobbins a better bet; a 5mph drop won’t damage cases but will mark forks and swingarm

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Was planning on getting these cheapo ones... already have fork and swingarm sliders.

DDC13C2D-EB1F-4D10-9408-3F9535DB971D.jpeg

6. Are those cheap ones any good?
    The link doesn’t appear to work.

7. I wouldn’t even bother if you are going to get the cheap ones. Get the GB Moto ones or don’t bother.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GBmoto are the best from m experience

The fancy carbon ones are just for bling too they do F all really.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. yep i crashed my 1299 last year with axle slider and casing covers fitted.
    the casing covers saved the engine and also the fairing, and the axle sliders kept the forks and swingarm away from the tarmac.
    but the lower lock stops took a hit and i needed a new lower fork clamp, so if also think about lock stop savers.. you can always sell this kit on if no longer needed

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. You would only know if they were worth the saving after you bin it and by then it’s too late

11. Shame you live so far away as I have a set of rg ones that you could have for free, offer is open to anyone who wants them .

• Like Like x 1
  12. Would they fit either the 899 or 959?

I'll send a pm

13. Can I please have them? I’ll arrange for the shipping.

14. They are for a 899, away on my holidays at the moment so can't do anything until I return on the 17th

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. GB racing covers all the way. Avioid the knock off ones as they’ll be crap plastic and especially as they’re ripping off a British company who invest a great deal in design, R&D and jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RG protector for my old gixer was £100. New case from China £30 delivered.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have a brand new set of GB covers for £100 if your interested

• Like Like x 2
  18. Get some, you'll only regret it if you hole an engine case. I've used both GB and R&G. Both work equally well in a given crash. Currently using R&G. Each crash is different for sure but to give you an idea of how well they work, I came off in the ducati cup race on Sunday at Silverstone. On the brakes just about to tip into Becketts. Not a slow crash and the bike slid for a long old distance. Bike was almost undamaged apart from a footpeg, end of foot/hand brake levers and the crash protection. Small scuff on the nose cone. I picked the bike up and rode it back to the paddock. Had it been a track day I'd have been out the next session, you'll not do that if you have a hole in an engine case that's for sure. Axle sliders are well worth the money too.
    20180909-_MLS4923.jpg 20180909-_MLS4924.jpg 20180909-_MLS4925.jpg

#20 scrawnsenior, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information