1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated Motogp Calendar For 2020

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by El Toro, Mar 5, 2020.

1. https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020...targp_newcalendar2020_en&utm_campaign=Traffic

Key changes have been made to the 2020 MotoGP™ calendar including a new date for the OR Thailand Grand Prix and Gran Premio de Aragon

The 2020 MotoGP™ calendar has officially been updated with the addition of a new date for the OR Thailand Grand Prix after it was postponed earlier in the week due to the coronavirus outbreak. The premier class will now kick off their season in Austin over the weekend of the 4th and 5th of April in four weeks' time.

MotoGP™ will now head to the Chang International Circuit in Buriram over the weekend of the 3rd and 4th of October. This was the original date for the Gran Premio de Aragon, therefore we will now head to MotorLand Aragon a weekend earlier, the 26th and 27th of September.

Aside from that, the calendar remains the same with 19 MotoGP™ races and 20 Moto2™ and Moto3™ races, starting this weekend at the QNB Qatar Grand Prix.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Calendar updates again. Austin Texas moves to 15th November and Valencia moves to 22nd November. Bet hotel owners are loving this ..... not. Andy

3. They should move all the races to the IoM. Then we can all self isolate on the island for the duration of the races:p

• Like Like x 2
  4. Can't help but feel that this isn't the last change! Still the small matter of getting all of the italian commuting safe and out of Italy, and then it seems the UK is likely to 'peak' in it's cases in the next 2-3 weeks so will be in a similar position. That said I bet it's only a handful of mechanics and Cal Crutchlow from here.. and he's in the IOM. MCN won't be able to get out there but I don't think anyone will miss them!

5. D7366300-2849-4287-BE2B-88B147FD3A61.png Another move ... Argentina
    On the plus side , winter racing will be cool .. maybe even a Christmas round

6. That’s ridiculous, 5 races in 5 weeks on 5 continents. Andy

7. also, they keep pushing Valencia backwards, and yet for the last 3-4 years nobody goes out before 11:30am because its too cold!!!!!

8. its certainly cold of a night over there and the ground is hard as fuck in the camp ground... take strong tent pegs and a fuck off hammer if ya thinking of going there.. and face masks ect.....

9. Seasons going to be a total write off at this rate. :tired_face:

10. New schedule
    Screenshot_20200311-211343_WhatsApp.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. is diane abbott working for dorna now? im surprised there ain't 34 days in november now....

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. It’s not just this season it’s going to be the knock on effect for next season too. Bloody virus :poop:

13. Brilliant ... Finland at the end of November . First MotoGP round on ice with studded tyres

14. lol.. bet mm would win that to.... fucker

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I went last October and it was absolutely beautiful :) I was hugely impressed with the whole gig. But great weather always helps....

16. i went 3 years back and thought it great. fantastic weather for the whole gig and although its no a riders favorite track (bit of a kart track) it gives excellent views. but fuck me it was a tad chilly of a night time... cheste? the lil village is a bit leary! bit of a stomp from the camping to the train station especially as i had a broken leg at the time. got taken via ambulance to my stand from the main entrance each day though so that was cool!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think it's a great track! Loved it!

18. It’s a shame the local Communidad couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. Been the MotoGP twice and they managed to close the car park before it was a third full on both occasions. They ruined qualifying day totally on the second trip with punters being stuck in miles of tail backs on the main dual carriageway from Valencia for hours. We never got there. Andy

• WTF WTF x 1
  19. @Mary Hinge, did you not know that the Ricardo Tormo circuit is managed by the local town council ? An absolute bunch of cowboys in my experience. Andy

20. Had no idea. Still a great circuit and a beautiful town too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information