1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Jun 28, 2020.

1. If you owned a GSXR750k8 with most of the upgrades you need, would the next step be:
    A: £2.5k on light wheels and rear shock.
    B: £2.5k on a newer bike
    C: new GSXR1000 for £150 a month?

Current k8 has pretty much everything else.

2. Depends o what you expect to get from it

• Like Like x 2
  3. Enjoyment and lap times

4. I knew this day would come.

Sell it and buy a 1000.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. A. Mmmm, I'd keep it the same if your enjoying it. That's alot of money to add to a K8.
    B. You could but then have to go through the pain (some enjoy) of selling and then finding a new track bike out of the haystack of choices.
    C. I would say why would you want any more power than a 750 K8 on track but the deals on a Gixer thous atm are almost unrefusable. If you think it won't take enjoyment away from the track due to hanging on for dear life then yeah go for it.

I still can't get my head around the numbers they're such good value for money.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Get the gsxr1000r, brilliant bikes

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Having slept on it, I want the excuse out my head that "they have TC/blippers/+60 bhp/etc." out my head and be on a (relativity) even field with the guys that overtake me. I know I'll always be overtaken, there will always be someone faster. I just don't like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Is it time for additional tuition? Maybe a euro with tuition?
    What's your end game? ACU and racing?
    Is it just the ego getting bruised?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Just want to be faster really.

Maybe I need practice. But that takes time and time is a very precious commodity.

10. Does having tc/auto blipper ect make you a better rider?

11. K8 750 is a great bike and much less effort than a 1000cc bike but I do like the power and speed of the 1000cc bikes. Not worth spending 2.5k on though which is probably more than half the value of the bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Wouldn’t say better rider but not having to worry about clutch control and gassing it earlier, should equate to faster lap times.....

It means you can get closer to the edge of traction with some comfort and not shitting it.....

Still doesn’t actually make me a better rider though lol

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Just makes life a little easier. Nice to have.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Take a look at Sylvain Guintolis you tube channel. The one on short shifting is v interesting.

He will also take your data / videos for some personal feedback. It might let you know if it's you or the bike that need to be faster.

TB

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. The best/most comprehensive coaching I've seem is probably Dean Ellison in Cartagena, (not coaching me, I know it all bitches :)). Filmed your session and gave really good constructive feedback. I believe @graeme4130 has used him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oh, I'm sure it's me if I'm honest.

17. Then buy a s1000rr for about 8k

18. No

19. I learned a long time ago, that you can't buy fast. While there are obviously finite machinery limitations, quick lads are quick on owt.
    The rest of us will always be slower. Just buy what makes you feel good inside, whether that is a new machine or a totally tricked out older model.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Werd...:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information