1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraded Starter Cable Kit

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Feb 25, 2018.

• Funny Funny x 2
  1. :eek: countdown now commencing for product to be torn to shreds

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Exige.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I fitted one of these kits and it worked a treat! Highly Recommended.

• Like Like x 2
  4. [​IMG]

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  5. upload_2018-2-25_16-36-22.png .

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Exige get in here and do your thing dawg

7. To be fair, wet string is better than the Ducati OEM.
    I purchased some upgraded leads from the USA and got stung with import duty.
    They worked fine, but were an arse to fit as they were made to the correct lengths.... and with cable that size it ain't possible to get the fairings back on without a bulge.
    Perhaps if only someone here sold them?

Thanks for the reminder Chris.

8. These have been around for a while - some geezer home crimping cable with standard terminals - for not a lot more with the Forum Discount you can get my higher specified cables manufactured by a company that supplies the Aerospace and Rail industry with fusion crimped cables.
    When I started I considered doing them conventionally - but then decided to offer something better than the motolectric USA kits at a better price point, as most people with Ducati's want the best :)

The guy selling these came on here about 6 months ago pretending to be a punter who had bought them :thinkingface:

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/exact-start-hi-cap-cables-range-and-forum-discounts.36761/

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Additional joints so he doesn't have to have one off terminals made won't help in the long run - and on this particular kit I design out the battery to frame / frame to engine malarkey to further improve the system. But it's over all spec when you read them. He will be making more profit than me for a lesser engineered product so good luck to him :innocent: Some people mentioned you can get the stuff from Halfords and do them yourself - many have done so over the years, but to the quality of mine - you simply cannot do so :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I've a few sets of Exige's and the quality is nearly perfect (i still want silver crimps, with Gold plate)

11. Yip, no Gold :(

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. I agree, gold plated terminals would make them the nec plus ultra of cables. How about it @Exige ?

13. Let me see what I have in the scrap bin :thinkingface:

14. Mclaren F1 engine bay ...
    mclaren-gold-engine-bay.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  15. Dont forget the crimps need to be 100% silver with gold plate (to prevent corrosion).
    A high silver content cable would be good, but you need to take advice as it may not be good with vibration.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Don't know what all the fuss is about. I bought some cables off the shelf from Halfrauds that come in varying lengths and ran them alongside the existing cables. It gets a bit tight in places but doable.

The other thing I did was to replace the OEM battery (when it expired after 7 years) with one of these military spec jobbies that just squeezes into the battery tray. 18 amp hour battery replaces the original 12 amp hour one. You do have to junk the housing for the fuse block though.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information