1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upmap T800

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by kevin oflynn, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Upmap T800 question.
    Who here has upmap T800 and has removed/disconnected the lambda sensors?
    I was experiencing bad running with my chosen map on my hyper 950 and upmap just responded to my email by saying you have to remove the lambda sensors!! I don’t understand this as they are supposed to be disabled in the map so why cant they just stay in.
    Cheers

2. Just for your info.

I have a RexXer Hym950 mapping. The RexXer description says: „IF (!) your mapping disables the lambda-management, we recommend to plug off the lambda physically, too.“

3. Yes it does say in the upmap website that it enables removal of the lambda sensor but does not say it HAS to be removed.

4. Hi Kevin, I know you have fixed your problem ;-)... have fun now!

5. Did you try unplugging the lambda sensors?

6. anyone happy to share more info such as:
    exhaust : sc1-M/sc1-r/temig slip on/etc
    decat :sc project/arrow/etc
    air filter : stock/star.ace/etc
    map : rexxer / rapidbike / t800

7. Hey there, I am about to install the arrow decat and I bought t800 upmap and was going to run the full system no db killer map. Is there something I should be aware of?

8. Hi yes and it worked, i unplugged them and re-loaded the map and it ran so much better

9. Yes just unplug the lambda sensors. I put a balloon over the exposed conectors for protection The bike runs a lot better with them unplugged

10. Thanks mate. Presumably you unplug the cable but leave the sensor in the pipe? Unconnected I can't imagine it makes a difference if they are still screwed in.

11. Yeh thats what i did. One is on the left side just behind the big coolant pipe and the other under the seat next to the exhaust valve plug. 5 minute job

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi Kevin,

do you mind to share what set up are you having now? I mean for the exhaust system amd map.

13. I have gone back to completely standard now with the OEM map on the T800. I put the cat back on for the service and actually felt like it had a bit more torque so im keeping in on now. Unfortunately though im selling the
    Bike as if i keep it i will loose my license. Here in norway the speed limits are so low it’s ridiculous and its sooooo easy to loose your license. There is no warnings or let offs here. My friend just lost his license for 9 months for doing 105km/h in a 60. And it was a wide open country road.

14. Hey bud just to be clear it is these two yeah?

IMG_20200506_140525.jpg

IMG_20200506_140535.jpg

15. The lower left one is tucked behind the black three-pin in the second picture. Helps if you pull the hose out of the clamp.

IMG_20200506_201854.jpg

IMG_20200506_201921.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. I just wanted to report back that I have been running the D187FR map, full exhaust without DB killer, and had issues with the way it ran. There was a stutter and hesitation at steady throttle and a huge flat spot between 4-5K.

I disconnected the lambda sensors and reloaded the map and it runs great now. I also agree that it lost a little bit of bottom end over stock but it pulls like a freight train up top now. I'm installing a 14t front sprocket this week which will liven up the bottom plenty.

17. So apparently it is taking almost a month to ship my t800. My question is if I run the bike now (arrow decat) it will throw a lambda error I imagine. Would the eventual remap wipe the error? I haven't been riding because I'm afraid I'll have to go to the dealer to get rid of the eventual error...

18. You only unplug the lambda sensors after you install the new map. If they are still plugged in on the stock map you will not get an error. I don't know if the new map will clear an existing code.

The only error you might get is an exhaust valve error if you have not installed a servo eliminator.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information