1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Uprated Fuel Level Sender Nuts

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by deleteduser211220, May 23, 2014.

1. As some are aware the original plastic fuel level sender nuts crack and split, on many Ducati models, resulting in fuel leaking out of the bottom of the tank.

996 - Fuel Level Sensor Nut | Page 3 | Ducati Forum

These seem to split by themselves as well from over tightening.

The only way that you can get replacement nuts from Ducati, is by purchasing a whole, expensive sender unit.

I have made and have had anodised some ally replacement ones, so that all you need to do is remove the multi plug and fit the replacement nut.

Even if you don't have a fuel nut leak, it is an ideal thing to have in your toolbox, as a handy spare.

I have made 20 with some already put by for those who have expressed earlier interest. If these sell out, then I can see about doing another batch.

They cost £25 each, which includes p&p to UK mainland. Other areas will be charged accordingly.

Please let me know if you want any and I will PM payment details.

Cheers,

Andy
    fuel nuts.jpg

2. As per the other thread, I'd like one. Let me know how to pay. :upyeah:

3. pm's sent to those who've shown interest

4. Do they fit the carbed SS? Or, what is the thread size?

AL

5. Al they are m30x1.5.
    Happy to send you one to try.
    Andy

6. Hi Andy, cracking job there with the batch, fit is perfect and all sorted now so no more leaks. The plug was a bit fiddly to change over but at least the god damn aweful plastic nut is now in the bin.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cheers Roy.
    More nuts sent out today.
    More available if needed.:upyeah:

8. Guys , next time your bike is serviced get one of Andy's nuts put on. Insurance that stops fuel leaking onto hot engine and exhaust can only be a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks Andy..............without taking mine off (full tank at the moment) I think it is the correct size because I checked my drawing done some time ago against a drawing I found on t'internet and they are very similar......and I must have got my info from somewhere......

.....however, my drawing was done so that I could see if an insert could be made in order to replace the fuel sender unit.....this is because I think the O ring on the fuel sender is above the raised lug around the sender base, so an insert must function in the same way..........

........the insert is to accommodate a fuel tap with on/off/reserve........for when the pump is outside the tank.....

A closed nut like the original or the replacement won't seal properly without an O ring, unless a larger fibre washer or similar is inside the nut.

10. Al, do you want me to make an insert that copies the sender? Obviously not as deep into the tank.
    I could centre drill it, so you can drill & tap it to your required size.

I have a monster sender to hand, to get dims from.

I don't think a fibre washer or o ring would work on a closed nut, as the threaded boss on the tank is quite thin and the ring could be dislodged and the washer would be cut into . You'd be better with some form of thread sealant or ptfe tape. Or indeed, a replica of the sender.

11. An insert might be the way to go, as it doesn't mean another nut type..........however, have a look at the pic below...........this is what I found on t'internet, which belongs to one of the companies (motowheels.com) selling the nuts.

Note the two types...............B*ggered if I know which is which...............

F88804871.jpg

12. any left andy? i might take 2 (one for monnie s2r the other for the 998)

can you hold till the weekend (wen i get the bikes back) so i can check

thanks

ali

13. Hi Ali, yes mate, I'll hold two back for you, till you know.

14. Put mine on the other week, fitted perfectly and looks great. As doogalman says, it's worth getting one of Andy's for the next time you are working on the bike. The reassurance that it won't start leaking fuel onto a hot engine/exhaust is well worth £25 to me.

15. Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Yes, that's what I used when doing mine, it's a fiddly job but a great guide to make it easier, thanks Steve.

17. Hi Andy. any chance of one of those nuts?Just discovered my nut is broken, as well as my tank leaking. Ps anybody got a level sender spare?

18. PM sent. only a few left now.

19. Hi I have sent you a PM.

20. @final_edition Hi Andy, do you have any fuel sender nuts available thanks (2001, 996s)

#20 Blakey, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
Do Not Sell My Personal Information