1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Usb Socket

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BigAlan, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Do I presume the USB socket under the seat of my 2016 1200 DVT will charge something while I am riding?
    I guess so and that when the ignition is off it does not.

Thanks.

2. I think that’s correct.

Plug a phone into the socket, turn the ignition on and off and you’ll have a definite answer.

3. Yes you're correct. I use it often.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Excellent thanks, it’s to power a tracker that’s all, I know if someone wants the bike they will have it but at least I might stand a small chance of seeing where it’s going, it will keep the battery topped up while I ride.

5. My tracker is powered from the bike battery so that the tracker battery doesn't go flat when it is parked up for any length of time (like now with the lockdown). The bike is then connected to an Optimate whilst it is sitting there in the garage doing SFA to keep the battery topped up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bear in mind it's a switched socket, so only powered when the ignition is on. So your tracker would need to have it's own internal battery to work if the bike was to get half-inched; which I assume it does.

7. It does have its own battery, connecting it is just to keep it fully charged while I ride and stay overnight anywhere.

8. What tracker are you using? I’m looking to get one

9. Have good experiences with the Monimoto tracker.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Monimoto for me too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have a BikeTrac unit fitted to my 1260 - not had to use in anger, thankfully. It can track your ride if you want via their website.

12. I have a BikeTrac unit fitted too, but have only renewed subscription for one further year, as I was recently advised by them that it was starting to deteriorate, with regards to the battery monitoring facility. They suggested they could make a minor internal modification to enable this to continue to function satisfactorily, however, I considered with them that it would be better to change the unit completely in 2022. They even gave me a three month extension to the year's subscription. The unit I have is circa 6 years old.

Certainly works for me, but I'm going to have a look at the Monimoto tracker as suggested above. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information