1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Used, Pankl 996rs Con Rods Sale Temporarily Suspended

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Android853sp, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have 4 (what I believe to be) matched pairs of Pankl 996RS con rods, 2 x part number 65P2A006b which is an A dimension rod and 2 x part number 65101160c which is a B dimension rod, includes bolts of which 2 are new and the others are used as stamped (1, 2, 3 or 4 tightenings). I believe these to be ex MonsterMob circa 2002 as they came with the 2 Stuart Easton 748RS engines I bought in 2015.
    20200414_163116.jpg 20200414_163212.jpg
    Clearly these rods could be priceless as easily as they could be worthless so I'm happy to negotiate how best to buy with confidence and agree an appropriate value. Andy

2. Scrub that..yours are H beam

3. No problem but thank you just the same, it gives me a ball park figure. Interesting their listing states 748/996/998/999 as I have a brand new pair of Pankl 748R rods (similar to their picture so pre 2001) which are shorter than the rods I want to sell. Mmm, curious. Andy

4. Do your checks, not all sellers know all the applications and lengths

5. Hard to find such specific information. Any pointers greatly appreciated :upyeah: Andy

6. Small end widths are different from 748/996 to 996 on

7. Maybe if you can give some measurements.

Centre to centre
    Small end widths

8. What is the C-C lenght?

9. Their (Carrillo) rods for the 748 and the 996/998 are the same overall length which has confused me. The Pankl rods I have that are definitely 748R/RS are shorter overall than the rods I have been told are 996RS. Aaarrgg. Need a hair pulling out imoji. Andy

10. I would list them as an eye to eye length or research the name and that measurement for a part number

11. Think JoeC was selling some 996rs rods. About 100mm iirc

image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Infuriatingly, my vernier is about 10mm too short but centre to centre is approximately 127mm.

13. Ooh err, mine measure 127mm. Wtf have I got ? Andy

14. 996 rs rods are shorter than the standard ti rods I thought, as had to skim my barrels a bit to fit them. Shells are not the same and are f$cking expensive.
    You got a price in mind yet?

15. The only guide I have is from the Ducati Parts listing on eBay which is £450/pair. It would appear from the current to and froing, before I agree anything, I need to correctly identify what I’ve got. Andy

16. I know 749r rods are longer than std

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information