1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Used Prices

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Ash34, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Are prices of used 1098 models getting out of hand?

£30,000 for a Bayliss! Wasn’t that just a paint job anyway?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. That Bayliss may well be the limited edition 1098R Bayliss rep produced in 2009 which is changing hands at that price point. 1098/1198 asking prices do seem to be strong and have gone up in the last 4 or 5 months in the UK. Andy

3. Was it more than just a paint job and plaque on the top yoke?

4. It was a limited run of 500 worldwide of the later 2009 spec 1098R to celebrate Bayliss winning the 2008 World Superbike championship and cost about £26,000 new IRC. So yes, only a paint job and a plaque on the top yoke but as the plain red 1098Rs are increasing in value, the Bayliss holds the rareity premium. Andy

5. No, that’s exactly what it was :upyeah: regardless of run numbers, it’s just a paint job

More interesting to know if any are selling at this money. There have been a few R models sold around 15k, anything 20plus hangs and hangs (when I’ve looked) and seem to come on the market every few months. Baylor’s seem to command the high R end values.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1098R is the last of the trellis frame Superbike. Look at the spec sheet, and it's a genuine piece of exotica and I can't see me selling mine.

I actually prefer the red scheme over the Bayliss, even though the Bayliss is the limited edition (I'm not just saying that as I have the red 'un) :cool:

As for values, you'll always get someone chancing their arm, but looking at the prices that some 888, 916, 916, 999, 998, 749 have been advertised for lately, I think this is not just a 1098R thing. :motorcycleduc:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yep, first sensible comment I've seen on these; same bike, same paint, just different colours! Cranked out by the same marketing machine that gave us the foggy rep, amongst others. It wouldn't get my vote hence I'm buying the plain vanilla common or garden 'R'.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alright, second sensible comment!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Someone on here bought a Baylis for circa £28K

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. It's not even that. I do some servicing on one and the artwork on the fairing panels is a vinyl wrap.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. At least the Foggy rep was different, frame, air box, wheels.

12. At least the Foggy rep was different, frame, air box, wheels.

13. like the Bostrom before that and the Edwards SP2, they are bikes in clown suits.

14. If someone wants my Bayliss rep for £28k they can have it and the Mrs too:p

15. 1098R last of the trellis ?? @Robarano didnt the 1198 come after the 1098?? :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Agree, with you here Andy.

It looks like they bottomed out the depreciation curve 18-24 months ago and maintained that level until recently.

Certainly looks like the average asking price is slowly on the up now though.

Hopefully they will continue this trend and one day @cookster will thank us all for talking him out of selling his 1198 rather than his R1 ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. He said "Superbike"

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Is it good to see prices increasing? I certainly don't think so. We all like to think we've made a few bob but it's only a paper gain anyway until and if one decides to sell, then chances are that whatever you are buying will have increased concurrently.
    I would much rather see stable prices, representative of fair value. This would have the additional benefit of making bikes like these available to a broader market sector instead of just to cunts like me.
    Roll-on Christmas and my new 1098R!

19. @Ben Mallinson I was faffing with my 1198 today God it's a great looking bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Actually I think getting hold of an 1198R would be cooler and rarer than the clown-suited Bayliss.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information