1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Wets On Cold Cold Trackdays?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Connor, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Hello good folks of the interwebs!

Going to donnington on tuesday and it looks pretty f**king miserable, has anyone used wets in really cold temperatures? How did you find it? ​

2. No. And f**k that. I'd be crapping myself round Craners in those conditions. I think I'd get off and push...

Fair play lad. And good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I found them OK on a cold day, but I am not so sure they will be any good on snow.........

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’ve seen a fair few people do it in cold and dry. Should be alright providing you don’t mind wrecking them and don’t mind the bike moving around a little.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi fella, we're there too and I'll be starting off on inters. The previous sot champion told me he'd just stick to normal supercorsa cut slicks which is what we're taking to change to later in the day. I used road tyres on my gsxr last year, similar time, & they were rubbish. It rained so ended up on wets and saw the day out on them but it's expensive as they shredded in the dry. 1098R/1198, no traction control! Enjoy, Andy

6. The wets I have came with the bike when i boight it and they're past their best date wise anyway so if they're wrecked it'll be a nice excuse to chuck them anyway. Thanks for the feedback fella

7. Weather warnings for east of England on Tuesday and snow is forecast, maybe just whack some nails through your worn wets to get some grip on the ice and snow

8. No limits could probably get some business with snowmobile trackdays

9. Just checked the latest weather.. o_O

Snowing from 5am til 2pm, think I'll give it a miss and be a little girl this time. I'm in Swansea so it's a fair trek to build snowmen!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information