1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 No Quote, Mt10 No Problem

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by WeeDavey, Jun 1, 2021.

1. The new bike of my choice would be a V2 , (I have a 4bike multi policy, Speed Triple, Duc Supersport 2018, MtO7, Monster 821), but no underwriter would quote for the Panigale V2, for curiosity tried a few other bikes, MT10 £600 to swap out my MT07, BMW S1000RR, lots of quotes but got bored. Is it the word Panigali which frightens them off ?

2. Who did you speak to ? Andy

3. I've seen comments about insurance on the V2 a few times and not sure, as I have had no issues, I insured it when I got it, with Ducati insurance for £350 Fully Comp, and I had options on insurer then, and I renewed this year for £250 with BeMoto. I was one of the first to get the V2 on the road, and I'm 36 yr old, so it seems quite variable.

Remember it comes with (or at least did) the BikeTrac and a years membership so that helps as it opens up insurers, but my mate has had to have one fitted to his 748 and that's 2002! so I would say the tracker might be what's making the difference.

4. Carole Nash would not quote at all , (even though I am now with them) BeMoto will not quote in London, all other comparson sites came back with no quotes given.
    Going to look at an MT10 tomorrow.

5. Had my 899 on multi bike policy with CN, took off the 899 and tried to insure a Scrambler Cafe racer, "we can't insure that"

Where is the logic? less power, less value and they won't insure it!

After complaining, they came back with £400+ TPFT

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Not surprised you got no response from comparison sites, the V2 is still regarded as a new model and has no data for the algorithm to work. Am surprised BeMoto are not quoting for the London area. Have you tried Cornmarket ? I’d give them a ring and talk to their bike team. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. So no data yet for the V2, ? but still bikes getting insured.

8. Mine insured last year no probs so not sure how you can't. I'm 33 (32 at the time), but no where near London.

9. ... I live in London but does not explain why I can get a quote for BMW S1000 rr and MT10 but not a V2. Anyway off tomorrow for a MT10 demo , also quite cheap.

10. Yeah is odd that I agree.

11. London seems to be becoming a no go area for sportsbikes, it's that simple. Seen post after post regarding people who can't insure a sportsbike in london.

12. But yet he can get a quote for an S1000rr (assuming new also). Sure there's a reason in an algorithm, but seems illogical on face value to get quoted for an s1000rr, but not a V2

13. OK not london but out of interest just banged a quote thru meerkat and coming back with lots. So can only be region thats the issue

14. Hastings refused to renew (ie won't offer a quote) on my s1000r but happily quoted on a 1299 panigale. BMW sports bikes seem to be a target too

15. Maybe the machine-learning algorithm sees 'BMW' and skews towards the average 'BMW' (probably an X3 doing the school run, these days), vs. the average 'Ducati' vehicle which doesn't do many school runs afaik ;)

16. BeMoto insured my Panigale R and BMW R1200RS Sport SE for around £600.00, but I'm an older rider and not in London. Also, they insisted on the Panigale R having a Tracker fitted, which I did.
    Good luck,
    Tom.

17. Had no trouble over the years with:
    Fireblade
    BMW S1000XR
    Multistrada
    748SPS
    But on all comparison sites...
    No takers for Panigale R despite being geriatric, low milage, IAM, 10+ NCD, rural dweller, Biketrac Datatag and Roadlok.
    Had to go via IAM to Cornmarket who were OK.

18. Out of curiosity I tried getting quotes for a 2021 Panigale V2 on comparison sites. Nobody wanted to know with TPFT but comprehensive got me a few, the lowest being £760 for 5000 miles. No NCD. Village location in Angus, Scotland. 53 years old. No security devices. Garaged at residence.

Guess it must be London causing problems but I do think that the algorithms seem to get easily confused at times. My CG125 is always significantly more that the 900ss - even for identical policies, mileage etc. Perhaps Honda 125s are more likely to be stolen.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information