1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 At The Ring

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by doogalman, Jul 23, 2018.

• Like Like x 3
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  1. Who was the real rider?

2. Andy Carlile, the current record holder.

3. Very impressed, so who was the older guy? Just a random bod? I'd say he was road riding despite the uk van, he had the stay right reminder on the dash.

4. He was the dad of the guy that lent Andy the bike for a few laps.

5. Ahhh cool cheers for that, was a bit of traffic on that lap, bloody hell quick.

6. What was his impression of the v4 by the way? Andy that is.

7. Very impressed but lots of odds and ends. Main things are
    A quick action throttle
    Decent grippy footrests
    Stomp grips
    Taller screen
    Wider fairing
    Suspension set up (standard v4 not the S but had been worked on for the owner)
    More time on the bike as he only did about 4 laps during fairly busy tf sessions when he was supposed to be working.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ah, work is the curse of the racing classes...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. im reconsidering buying one then.:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wowsers!

11. the video description is hilarious. (failing eyesight lol)
    the lap is stunning. (170mph under the bridge!!!)
    the ending write up, is uplifting. (good for him, he got back to the ring)

the end writing is done in the same, star wars style, as the introduction to the record lap video. i think that was a subtle hint to who was rideing. the rider must be in, on this tongue in cheek video, which i think is very funny.

so many people do such serious ring videos, trying to show of expensive cars and fast lap times. then this old guy blast around in 7.30 LOL. if someone hadn't told me otherwise, id still be thinking, really did he do that??

bike wise, it proves the v4 is awesome, with carbon wheels a few personal tweaks and a few more laps I'm sure the current lap record holder could break the 7.10 mark even with a bit of traffic. (180mph down that hill wow)

12. I think the 7’10” was on an R1

Edited: cheers doogy

#13 bootsam, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  13. image.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. That'll please my mate as he has that model R1.

15. Someone got close to Andy's record last year. Then swiftly booked himself a free helicopter ride and a stay in an icu.

16. I reckon he could ride a C90 round there faster than I could on my pani

(never been, too scared)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Likewise haha seriously rapid :)

18. What do you mean wider fairing Roy? I'm surprised he mentions the need for a quicker action throttle; thats Andys superhuman skills there as the thing revs so quickly as it is that most normal humans wouldn't want it in my opinion even on a short circuit. Other stuff is standard Panigale; stomp grips essential, taller screen always good, footrests are pretty good on the 1299 and V4 models?

19. Dave, he siggested a slightly wider fairing. Not sure why but maybe to smooth the airflow around the sides, yes a taller screen will help over the top but maybe he was feeling something else.
    Quick action I'm pretty sure was because he was having to take a second handfull rather than a single pull on the gas which was compromising his riding style.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information