1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Dash

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Philm, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Has anyone had any problems with dash on the v4? All was good then I hit a false neutral and dash threw its toys out!!! Gear position went and just had a line! Engine management light came on and stayed on as did the neutral light??? I rode steadily back to the pits and all seemed ok ! Turned it off for a while and back on! Still the same??? Bit flummoxed

2. quick shifter....

3. Sounds like it Andy! Dropping it at Ducati Bristol tomorrow so hopefully they will know!

4. Gear position sensor. Heat sensitive. Warranty live??

5. Unplug the battery and leave it for a bit?

6. It is under warranty so should be fine! Have to say Ducati Bristol have been great! The mechanic has phoned me twice! Anyway it looks like Andy was right! Mechanic test rode it and it was fine so he rode it again a little more spirited (his words) and problem came back! He’s fitted new Q/S but I told them I didn’t want it ridden in the pouring rain so they’re gonna hang on to it until he can test it properly! Don’t quite know how I feel about somebody else riding my pride and joy hard!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Do they not have a Dyno?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The problem won’t be the qs itself... it’s the electricery bit which for some reason Ducati put In the loom....I know a dealership has fitted new looms to combat this..

no charge for helping a Uk dealership solve the problem....

#8 andyb, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It’s the gear position sensor...

10. Nope:sob:
    It’s the small switches positioned in the loom..:cool:;)

11. I did ask them if they had a Dyno but they don’t! It needs to be a proper road test though really so all the electronics T/C etc are being used! Still not overly happy with someone else riding it though! Bit like someone dipping their bread in me egg!

12. What if it was a track bike?

13. even then I’d not be overly happy with it! I’m not precious about my bikes but I like to know the person riding it! I’ve let a few mates ride the R1 on track! These are guys that I’ve raced with for many years so I know them well! I also have some brilliant close friends that I wouldn’t even let em sit on it!!

14. I mean, if it was a track bike, how would they test ride it to diagnose and confirm fixed?

Ragging someone's bike around the local A roads isn't exactly ideal.

15. Should have listened to Mary Hinge!!!!!

16. Hi fella

Did you get this fixed and what was it ?

Ive just had this happen on mine 2018/19 v4

17. Hi fella

this has just happens to mine -

Do you know what party of the loom was replaced - was it the QS loom ?

18. Was it the gear position sensor ??

19. Yes it was spud!

20. Great stuff - did you have to get ducati to fit it and run through a gear learning process ??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information