1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4 Db Levels On Uk Trackdays

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Spud312r, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Guys

Whats the Db levels of the V4S std pipes as ive heard rumours that they are not passing the uk Tracks Db limits ??

I expect they may have the same MSV concession as the Panni twin - but just wanted to know what their being tested at, as it could be a show stopper for me getting one next year

2. mine was 105 static at snetterton on mon & they let me go on track no problem

3. Wow thats fantasic as Snetts is supposed to be the most strict/variable

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm sticking a Termignoni Uscite system on mine. How will they measure that accurately? Ride by? What side of the track are the sensors? Anyway, I've heard some ear bleedingly loud bikes at Donington on a noisy day.

5. I assume they have the same MSV concession as for the V2 ?

Was that static tested with leaning the bike over/clutch in etc

6. bike stood up but in gear but I had dun first session so engine hot which suppose to help, yes I think they r giving the same concession with the v4 as the v2, the static test I did at cadwell was only 103

7. I have geared mine down, 2 up on the rear & one down on the front its much better & I found a surplier who didn't rip me on the price 20180614_140008.jpg

8. There's a 98db day coming up at Donington. What's the consensus on likelihood of passing noise test with a stock V4 exhaust?

9. Doubtful.

10. Yes. 100 maybe, but 98 would seem wishful thinking. Mates 1098S with Termi's is not adding to the likelihood of getting on the track, so a 108db day it will have to be.

11. I did snett about 2 weeks ago & I had no problems & it was 92 drive by so Donny at 98 u should be ok

12. It’s never happened to me (been close) but I’d be sooo pissed off if I failed the noise test....

13. My V4s registered 103.5 db at the MSVT track day@ Oulton today on the static test, and they let me on the track ok.
    The chap said, technically its a noise fail... but because it's a Ducati Pani we let them on, but just be aware that if they black flag you its because you have failed the drive by db test. No black flag seen, happy days!!

14. If that’s static I suspect very unlikely as the acu test will be higher than the emissions test. If you are local, you could pop down and have them test it. Most circuits are pretty happy to help if there is a day on anyway

15. Donington is 98db drive by.

16. I’d image a std v4 will be fine then :upyeah: as that’s 105 probably static. If worried, short shift lower gears

17. There was two v4’s going round last time I was at brands GP

No issues (standard system)

18. The Termignoni is loud... but nice loud. And based on that, will be acceptable everywhere. Probably :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. What group are you running in mate? just asking as I'll transfer this information to the noise level sticky.

20. fast group

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information