1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4 Full System

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jaybo, Jul 26, 2021.

1. A while back I bought the akra slip ons for the bike hoping to make it a full system at a later date. Turns out you can't do that. I hate the look of the ti pipes meeting the ugly brown link pipe. I'm a bit ocd with stuff like this and it's bothering me. If I take them off and go full system will I notice any other difference other than that happy feeling inside? :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's state racing on the dash & have more torque at rear wheel, sound amazing & animals will be saved via the noise pollution effect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. After the engine there’s a shit ton of R&D goes into the exhaust system. There’s more to it than an extra 8 ponies and a nice sound.

The Akrapovic you went for is first class. Termignoni know their onions too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’ve been really happily surprised by the Akrapovic full system I put on my DVT Multistrada if that’s anything to go by.

Makes the bike far more enjoyable to ride, mid range and low down. Not too worried about the top end as I don’t track it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The boring response is, the full system is “race only” and will most definitely not pass an MoT. The ECU map is a dealer only install and not something you can easily swap out at MoT time. Not absolutely sure but I believe Donington is the only track in the UK where you can use the full system on an un silenced day. Silverstone might make an exception on a Ducati day but with the development going on around the track, that is getting less likely by the day. Having got one fitted to my V4, it’s efffing loud and IME, the db killers don’t make a lot of difference. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. to be honest if I was moving on from the V twin Panigale to the V4 I would be looking at possibly getting a longer exhaust made up to get the dB numbers down a little with a side/ underseat mounted can/s similar to the D170 I have on the V2
    I go normally once a year at least to Poznan in Poland, and the track is also next to the main airport.. 98dB static ffs..
    we only managed it this year with a set of longer underseat cans from SPF and a hand full of Steel wool behind the dB eaters..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Theres a youtube of the rigmarol involved fitting a full system. Fuck, it looks like a nightmare and not something you can do in the garage easily. I was surprised just how much of the bike you have to dissassemble. There was I thinking that awkward copper nut on the front pot of my 1198 was hard work...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Looking at 8-10 hours by a trained mechanic. Mine was one of the first through the workshop and I was advised they were going to allow 2 days workshop time to fit it. When I eventually sell, whoever buys it, buys it with the full system still fitted :joy: Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Will the full system be even louder than the slipons?

10. I’ve not heard a V4 with just the slip on. The web site blurb says you need to fit db killers to meet 107dba for both full system and slip ons so I guess the two are similar. My full system with the version 2 db killers does not get as low as 107, last time it was measured it struggled to got to 109/110. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Slightly.

I take DB readings with a pinch of salt but this system was 113-115.

It’s the most offensive system I’ve ever had but holy mother of fuckery, it was hilarious when downshifting hard.

Get used to pops and bangs with the quickshifter and get used to kids crying through town.

28497FE1-9B7A-4EBA-A4BC-30EC0BEFC606.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 4
  12. You think the Akrapovic is loud?! Pretty sure that Termi set up won’t get you on track. Spoke to Moto Rapido about that system before going with the Akrapovic slip ons and they said no way will it get onto a track with that Termi system on it.

13. Kinda true, I’m limited to Donington Park noisy days with my Termi Uscite set up. Built mine up for euro gigs, which haven’t really materialised over the last 2 years. Had the odd day at Donington instead…

• Like Like x 1
  14. To be honest, I was going to go for the Termi Uscite system but again I was told it’s very loud so kept with the idea of going for the Akrapovic system. It’s a shame because I like that Uscite system. I just don’t want the unwanted attention from the police down my way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I can’t stress how fricking ridiculous the Termi 4Uscite system really is.

It’s genuinely offensive….

• Like Like x 1
  16. If you are hard of hearing and Donnington +Euro TD are all you go to - you can look at other options...
    Project FM , Zard, or SC projects (they have a few versions). The db meter on these are not for the faint hearted and proceed with caution.

IMG_20201016_161757.jpg IMG_20211028_095914.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. ^^ Looks hideous... o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information