1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Insurance Quotes

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Ravenscry, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Hello there,

Apologies if this has already been questioned on the forum, but has anyone managed to find an insurance company that has the V4 on it's books ? have tried the Bike Insurer and Ducati Insurance and they dont have it listed. I tried to fudge it, ie using the value of the bike but under a 1299 and so far the best I have got is £8,700. Full UK Car with no claims, Bike licence 2 years with no claims... (embarrassingly I have a DR10) four years back now. I had similar issues with the Supersport earlier this year and it proves to being a large hindrance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Superstar, Cheers Andy

3. FWIW I've been waiting for Carole Nash to give me a quote to add the V4S alongside my 2017 BMW S1000R. All I've had so far is that the current insurer will not cover the Ducati.

The last 3 phone calls have required me to repeat my request verbatim, and then be told they will investigate and ring me back. When I get an update I'll post back here.

I'm going to investigate BeMoto shortly because it feels like its going to be a challenge to get both bikes on the same policy if I stick with Carole Nash.

4. What quotes are people getting? Silly or reasonable ?

5. Currently I have only heard of one forum contributor getting an “acceptable” quote and that was through BeMoto. I will be trying to add my V4, when it arrives, to my existing multi bike policy that already has my Mutlistrada, 748R and 1098R on it. Something tells me I’m going to be looking for a different underwriter. Andy

6. I have two Ducati's and an S1000R covered with Ducati Insurance, definitely give them a try. I have two thefts against my name too so if i can....

7. Has anyone tried the new Neil Hodgson Niall McKenzie insurance brokers yet?

8. Wouldn’t touch them with your barge pole let alone mine. They have joined forces with an esablished broker who has some of the worst feedback across the full range of vehicles. There is a posting about them from when they launched just prior to the MCN Live at the NEC. Andy

#9 Android853sp, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  9. Just renewed the D16 and Hyper with Ducati insurance. Tried both Bemoto and Mac/Hodge but neither could match/beat DI. the value of the D16 being the reason, so guess will be similar when the Speciale arrives

10. If you have an garage, stipulate you have (get) ground-anchor & chain system from someone like Almax. Who are 'sold secure' recommended & they have videos of chopping stuff up online. And also consider getting a BikeTrac GPS installed or on the quote. Because those two are what insurance companies like to know people are using.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thousands of dissatisfied customers yes :)

12. Are they thefts you've committed? Ha ha!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DMC Insurance will cover the V4

14. thats great news!,now i just need to save up for the V4!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I found BeMoto (thanks again Andy) were cheaper than DMC by around 30% on the V4. I'm guessing in a couple of months more companies will have it on their books and the prices will become more sensible.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cant find insurance for less than £ 1500 for a 50 year old with 6 year ncb no points my 1299s is only £ 454 a year see me canceling !

17. When I got the 959 it wasn't listed, prob same for the V4 and insurance company just come up with a random figure, I am hoping the renewal will come down this year.

Anyway, if you can afford a V4, you can afford the insurance, so no complaining from ya

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. @Karl Chapman

Wow, some hike. Have to ask yourself is it really worth the upgrade (is it an upgrade, or just a shiny new toy)?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just rang dealer ducati didnt submit details to insurance companies in time hence why companies chargeing what they like i got told by my insurance company it was price of bike i said my worth a lot more and nearly twice as much power i pay £300 a year for that!

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information