1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Race Shift

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by shakeys dad, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Has anyone changed to race shift using the oe rearsets, if so what's involved
    Thanks

2. If it’s anything like the 1299, you’d need the knuckle inverting 180° and the small wire loom Ducati sell. I think this just inverts 2 of the 3 wires. The standard knuckle can be skimmed down by 2 mm so the shift rod misses the frame

• Like Like x 2
  3. Just need to bolt it to the opposite pivot point, took me 5 minutes on my pani v4.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Red circle is the OEM location.
    Move the linkage to the blue circle for reverse shift

Inkedgp_shift_LI.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tried to do this today, brand new good quality Allen key and the head rounded off straight away. Sort of expected better from a £18000 bike

6. On the subject of race vs road shifts, (however not on V4s), here's an interesting engineering solution, spotted at Spa. A quick change shift pattern on an endurance race bike to suit different riders on the same bike
    Race shift.JPG Race shift 2.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  7. You have just encountered one of the famous Ducati chocolate bolts. Shite they are, and your bike is covered in them! Heads are weaker than the threads... Try some localised heat. There will be thread lock there to overcome.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information