1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4 Speciale

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by scratch pervert, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Been away from bikes for the last couple of years due to various reasons but just had a call from my my dealer to say I've got an allocation for a Speciale... It's gonna be a long winter!

2. 2 long winters for me :(. Current build date for mine is November 2018 so expect delivery in January/February 2019. Thankfully I've got the 1098R to keep me entertained in the meantime :). Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. I thought the last of them were being delivered by summer 2018?!?

I've not got a build date but they've guesstimated it'll be Spring/Summer 2018.

4. The build dates of the 2 SPs my dealer had from the initial 78 bikes allocated to the UK are July and October 2018. If you bike is from the additional allocation announced by the Ducati UK sales team on Monday, I believe your dealer's gestimation is optimistic, very optimistic. The first base and S models are being touted in February or March 2018 but I'm not going to hold my breath. Andy

5. That's pants!

Do you know what how many bikes have now been allocated to the UK?

6. I can ask the question at work but rather selfishly, once I knew I had one from the second tranche, I lost interest in the fine detail. The conversation I had a couple of weeks ago used the phrase that Ducati UK were asking for a "significant" increase in the number SPs that meant at least the same number as the first allocation again. A week later UK dealers were asked to stop taking deposits on ALL V4 models as the entire initial manufacturing run was oversubscribed which I believe to be the manufacturing run for worldwide distribution, not just the UK. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Your bike will arrive just as the V4R is being released. :)

8. Yes I know and I thought long and hard before committing to the SP. IMO, Dorna are managing the new rules to make World Superbikes less likely to be dominated by any one manufacturer or team or rider which in a way I kind of agree with if it makes the racing closer but I'm not sure lessening the spec to make it more like the bike you ride on the road will make it exciting. Anyway back to the point, I do not believe that the V4R homologation road bike is going to be as special as some of its predecessors. At the time, the 748R was a big step up over the 748SP/SPS as was the 1098R over the 1098S (both if which I am lucky to own and ride). I have been asking myself just what the V4R will have over and above given the price cap. I'm guessing making similar power to the SP from a smaller engine so higher revs, titanium inlet valves and con rods and there I run out ideas. I will admit that had I known that my SP wasn't going to be made until the end of 2018, the decision would have been less straight foward though. Andy

9. Order a Scrambler 1100 instead then. They'll be available in May :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was just wondering if Ducati could redirect some of the production line to ramp up the throughput of the V4 :innocent:. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. How does GFY sound? :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. I'll take it the idea didn't impress you. Seemed perfectly reasonable to me though. Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. I’ve just put my order in for a Sp and have been told sometime in June hopefully ☺️

• Like Like x 1
  14. So this 2nd allocation Andy...

Apologies if it is common knowledge but I've not seen anything about it before now...

Is this Ducati reallocating some of the original production from elsewhere to the UK market?

Or is this an additional allocation on the limited production number announced due to demand?

Glad to hear you have got one by the way ;)

15. Welcome Dave. Introduce yourself in the newbies section too, why doncha :)

16. Thanks Ben. What I understand is that the Ducati UK sales team negotiated an increased allocation for the UK with Italy and more bikes were made available. My dealer was notified that I was allocated one of these late Monday afternoon. Where the extra bikes have come from I don't know, it could be as you suggest a moving around of bikes within the worldwide network but I suspect it's from a "reserve" that Italy held back. I am intrigued that certainly in my case, the bike was allocated to me by name by Silverstone so there must be a master list somewhere. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. I
    Thanks Andy, it will be interesting to see how the extra allocation has come about. I do hope it is redistribution from markets where the allocation hasn't been met rather than a reserve for those who have bagged one though...

Happy bloody days either way for you though!!! Congratulations mate ;)

18. My dealers informed me that the initial run of 1500 is now 2000, and if orders continue they’ll go beyond that.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Missed out on original allocation, my dealer called me this week to say they have a further 3 been promised summer delivery.

20. It isn't just about the assembly. Someone has to make those parts too.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information