1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Streetfighter Cutting Out

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mark - Ducati Bournemouth, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Morning!

I've got a V4 streetfighter that's developed a habit of cutting out when down shifting approaching a junction. Seems to do it 3rd to 2nd, full clutch manual shift and revs just drop away.

Anyone experienced this? Struggling a bit to love the bike at the moment and this is definitely not helping....

Ta

2. Have you changed your levers. I’ve heard this happen when aftermarket
    Levers have been fitted

3. No….all standard!

4. Same shit different era. You need to remap the bike mate. Than it will come alive and you love it.

5. I really hope so, I’ve had surgery on my wrist and it’s going to need fusing so I know it’s the right bike because of the riding position, I just don’t enjoy riding it at the moment….Euro5 just makes the fuelling terrible and when you combine it with a choppy quickshifter, bloody chainslap, it doesn’t feel like a £20k bike!

6. Hardly comforting advice, a new bike that needs extra work to make it work. Trouble is, he's probably right. My 1198 and 1299 needed tweeks to get it to stop cutting out.

7. Thanks mate - just pisses me off when I p/x’d a perfect R1M for it…..to be fair it had Akra, filter and the ECU had been flashed so the fuelling was absolutely perfect at all times

Do Not Sell My Personal Information