1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4 Track Noise ?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by james griffin, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Aup guys running a akra exhaust on my v4 worried about noise testing for track should be fine for donny loud days but ducati do a uprated d.b killer kit as pictured but they say it only drops it to 107db ? Couldnt tell me at what revs tho ? Anyone running the akrapovic exhaust and what have u do to it down to under 105d.b

ducati-akrapovic-db-killer-for-panigale-v4.jpg

2. I ran that set up at the Ducati day at Silverstone in July. I wasn't measured in the pit lane but I thought I got pulled by the drive by meter. Turned out it was the 1199 behind me. Drive by was supposed to be108db. Running in Spain, my impression was that even the new version 2 db killers would not be enough for many of the UK circuits. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. How does the big cone 1 fit it looks to big for the cans ?

4. It goes in the front end of the can not the back. Pretty sure it’s the vertical cylinder exhaust can but best check. Andy

5. I did a 105 day at Cadwell, my standard bike and one with a full Akra both ran 107 and they let us both on.

6. Guy in the same garage as me last time at Silver had a full Akra on his V4 and it sounded effin ridiculous. Let him on no dramas. Still, bit of a gamble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. They restrict the power much and what d.b u getting with theses ?

8. power reduction is ok - not that bad and static dB level is 104-105 which is still high but ride by works for 89db

• Like Like x 1
  9. Did anyone sort any baffles that was good.enough to bring the noise levels down enough for uk tracks ?

10. Ended up buying these adjustable baffles for the akro system been tested as low as 92 static

20200514_171822.jpg

11. Hi
    Were did you get the dB killers from?

12. I need some of these. Where did you get them from?

13. Got two warnings at Laguna Seca, 106db and 104db with the Akra db killers installed. After the second warning, had to upshift a couple gears and stay to the far left of the track to avoid the db sensor on the track......

14. That’s bloody ridiculous, Laguna Seca is in the middle of nowhere. Andy

15. Laguna Seca has some VERY nice houses close to the track.

16. What came first, the track or the houses ? Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Guessing the track was there first. Obviously doesn't matter who was there first, the residents near the track voted and the track lost.

18. You’ve used these at snett and cadwell?

19. Yeps no problem

Do Not Sell My Personal Information