1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4r Insurance !!!!!

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Supersport63, Jul 19, 2019.

1. So my V4s is broken and I have stupidly just purchased a V4R !!! My insurance has gone from £900 to £5000 !! Yes 5k !! I have had a call about and the cheapest I can get is £1800 !!!! Which is eye watering !! This is through Ducati insurance . Any one else had issues and what do you pay ?

I’m 37 had my licence two and half years with 3 years no claims !! I live in a good area with low crime etc . It seems mental money !!! I’m half tempted to just Track the thing !!!

If anyone knows of anyone that’s good please let me know !!!

Thanks

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. Chester? Isn't that between Liverpool and Manchester :eyes:

3. Not really it’s closer to north wales

4. Fuck me!!! But no surprise!

5. So when you say the v4s is broken so you've bought a v4r, is that on top of the v4s being fixed then you'd have both?

Are you a little bit mental? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ducati quoted me 2k for my 899 so without sounding a dick I have minimum sympathy lol.
    What mileage have you put down? Also what excess did you decide on? Can be big factors sometimes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. No no no !!! My misses would chop my balls off and feed them to me !! Had to sell the V4S and my 851 to fund

8. Haha I thanks !!! 1500 excess and 1000 miles a year

9. 1800 quid for anything over 150hp if I still rode road I'd snap their arm off lol.

Jesus christ is that it in mileage?! I don't even know what to say mate. You are near 'tu north' as previously mentioned above. Apparently if you live there or London these days they have you over a barrel on insurance.

10. I am half tempted to move my GERMAN Pointers into the garage instead it would be cheaper

11. Haha fair one. It's a new bike bud, bugger all on road, they've not data on it. Insuring them will be silly for at least another 6 months yet and even then they might not go down that much.
    Remember the base V4 when it come out, blokes where getting mental quotes. Calmed down now.

12. £1.50 per mile insurance?! Wow.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cheap that !!! I feel a little sick

14. Pani R cost £450 a year 5000 miles with MCE I think but as soon as you hit the £25+ It goes silly £20k it was fine

15. Is that the V4R or 1299/1199?

16. 1199

17. Gen 2 the proper one :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Nice !!! I was tempted with one of those I loved my 1299s . But trying to find a sub 500 mile one was hard . Got offered a nice final edition but decided V4r!!!

19. my tuono v4 is 3 times more than 1199s not sure why. ducati insurance is double most insurances though, like ducati bikes are double most bikes :confused:

20. It’s metal though I don’t pay that for a car that’s worth more and does 15k a year !!!!

Hopefully it will !!

My 1299 was worth more than my MV and had nearly twice the power and the Insurance was cheaper !! I think they hold there finger in the air and pluck a price out the air !!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information