1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r Maintenance Costs

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Dec 6, 2019.

1. If this is true.... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

7A9924BB-A348-4C3E-8FA1-DB1BFE3C510D.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. :eek:

Surprised they don't offer an exchange your engine for a refurbed one.

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Did you say you have one for track :)

You can't put a price on riding pleasure ;)

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. No, I have a V4S for track use only. Because it has 5mm longer stroke with the extra 103cc, it’ll be slightly less stressed than the R motor. Well that’s what I’m telling myself anyway :)
    But Looking at the maintenance schedule for the V4R, I agree with you on the engine exchange program. Same as BMW with the HP4 Race.

5. Guess Ducati aren’t going to adopt the BMW approach with engine exchange??

6. BMW Engine exchange is every 15kms and costs £16k.
    However there must be significant running/servicing costs up to the 15miles

7. There's racing and RACING, from both a pace and duration perspective. They have to cover their assess.
    I'm sure most of us on here could "race" for double/triple the guidelines there without any problems as long as
    regular oil and filter changes were kept on top of.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Aprilias change their service intervals on the dashboard depending how hard you use it. When the computer pixies think you have been on the track then the service items turn out something like the list above.
    Looks like adverts for ex track bikes may have to say a bit more than oil and filter changed every other track day........
    I suppose if you want to play you have to pay

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It does itemize Panegale V4 (all versions) separate to the V4R. Doesn't that include yours?

TB

10. That’s a good idea and easy enough with software these days....

11. I’m not entirely sure. The wording on the document is confusing. But I’ll find out.

12. I feel like the local Tech will be getting an extra student on the home motorcycle mechanics course ;)

TB

• Like Like x 1
  13. So the document as a whole is relevant to the V4 range and this particular page is for the V4R. There will be pages specific to the V4 base and V4S. Andy

14. Try and find a course. Rocking horse.....

15. I know a huge amount of data is being collected by the race team to help understand how reliable the V4RS will be and where the critical failures are most likely to be. When my V4S went in for the dry clutch conversion, the data collected by the bike’s electronics from Almeria was down loaded and inspected so future maintenance advice could be ‘informed’ by my riding style. Suffice to say, I need to ride mine a lot harder before I need to be concerned about shortening the standard road based service intervals :joy:. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  16. If I buy a v4r as a road bike, is this the service schedule still? Of not, what is the schedule?

• Like Like x 2
  17. IF you can afford 35k to race a bike then you should be able to maintain it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. But in my experience, there are a significant number of people don’t consider ownership costs when buying and then throw their hands up in horror when they find out. Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information