1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r Quickshifter Lovely

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Sharky67, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Anyone have issues with quickshifter

#1 Sharky67, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  2. No issues here, I'm on Cordona shifter

3. I saw one guy at Mugello who managed to damage the clutch on V4R. Basically it slips all the time.

4. Standard unit is poor, switching to an H&M solved the issue for me. Also anything below 50% throttle opening and even the 'slightest twitch' of the throttle on upshifting I find results in a poor shift. Basically as long as you are winding on the throttle as you shift gives the smoothest results. I also wrecked the clutch in under 1000 track miles sorting this one out.
    Another tip, if you have an open clutch cover make sure there can never be any trapped water in the bottom of the clutch housing after a wet session etc or cleaning. It will corrode quicker than you can blink and also wreck the plates.

• Like Like x 1
  5. How did you manage to wreck the clutch ? Is it just normal wear and tear if you use the bike on track or did you do something wrong ?

6. Not really sure and was surprised it had worn out so fast, only use it to leave and enter the pits and tried the launch control only once. I think the poor shifts contributed to the wear and blipping too early really strains it to slip. Will see how long the new one lasts....

7. When you say new, does it mean you replaced all the discs and springs inside ?

8. Running a V4S with the V4R STM open (dry) clutch. Also running H&M quick shifter which up to now, has been flawless.

Roll on Donington tomorrow :D:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes that's a perfect set up - enjoy
    I only replaced the plates back to 36.5[mm] new from 34.2[mm] worn out cleaned out the slipper ramps etc, springs all good.
    If you change a clutch take care with the three spring locating bolts in the lifter plate as they are threadlocked in and only M5 so snap easily without heat on removal

• Like Like x 1
  10. Will try swapping out the clutch and see if that helps …. They said it’s ok … but will give it a go and feedback here .. Thanks

11. Went out on it today . I did get the quickshifter to shift today . But only when I really give it a handful of throttle . More than 50% Atleast in one go .. turn the throttle hard .. … then smooth every gear … is this normal …

12. Nope. At low revs they might be a bit lumpy and most bikes tend to be better quickshifting when giving it the beans, but it shouldn't not work.

#12 JamieW, Sep 5, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  13. My S1000RR quickshifter always changed up better under load.

14. Not the symptoms this guy has though.

15. No, the cure.

16. Great stuff

#16 Sharky67, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  17. Defo something not right,as I’ve mentioned before the stock Q/S on mine is spot on! As good if not better than the translogic gear on my R1 race bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information