1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4r Vs Rc30

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by dubcat, Jul 5, 2019.

• Like Like x 2
  2. It will be interesting to see in thirty years time what the panigale values are in comparison to the Rc30.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It would have been interesting to have some comparison times :thinkingface:

4. Compared to that monstrosity, pretty good I’d imagine !!

5. Question is would you reject a zero mile Rc30:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Not sure I agree. He said even an SV650 would kick the RC30's arse time wise so I'm not sure what value comparing it to the V4R there is :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. That why I thought it would be interesting, as that's what the vid was all about, comparing the 2 after 30 years.

And his SV comment was a bit off the mark, the RC30 has approx. 45bhp more, 33 KGS less weight and will handle much better... it was MCN remember...………. :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. All good points... ok I agree with you :)

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. Just found this: there's not going to be much in it considering the 30 year gap me thinks :eek: @doogalman might be able to put some perspective on it...

"For that money though, the RC30 had a full house of race oriented features such as a slipper clutch, 16 gear-driven valves, titanium connecting rods, one-sided quick change rear wheel, quick change brake pads, Showa race suspension ad infinitum.
    Indeed, one of these bikes still holds the outright lap record for motorcycles for the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit, set in 1993 at 7:49.71 by Helmut Dähne."

Full link here from 2012
    https://newatlas.com/are-motorcycle-modifications-really-worth-all-the-effort/22014/

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Blimey!!! Surprising that!

11. Not as surprising as the SV650 comment :joy:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Am I the only one thinking "What was the point of that?" :rolleyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. the headline did seem a bit pointless - glad i read this - now I definitely won't waste my time watching it

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. My thoughts exactly

15. Typical MCN flannel (IMHO). I'd have the RC over the V4 any day though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. If it looked like that, yes!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I simply wouldn’t have one at the cost people ask. Simple as that. If it were what it’s worth in my mind, 5k, maybe.

18. I'm like you and will NOT pay over the odds for motorbikes......period
    but many do as a 998R just sold recently at my local for a whopping £31K: unamused:

• WTF WTF x 1
  19. At least it didn't have the dubbed on, bloody awful 'music' they used to use to ruin all their reviews.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information