1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Problems Ironed Out?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JoePeps, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Just wondered how recalls / reliability were panning out on the V4's now people are getting more miles on them?
    Any other major failures or complaints?

2. Recalls done, runs perfect.

3. Recalls done, still having major problems with the quickshifter, not working and the bike lurching forward on a closed throttle ....... Its back in again, I think a new one is being fitted this time so fingers crossed

4. I think there's a new update/recall for the software for the ohlins electronic steering damper and another recall on the way for the petrol cap spray problem.

5. Do any of these recalls effect the 2019 bikes?

6. 2000 miles on my S. Split exhaust muffler along the weld/seam. Repair under warranty - Ducati v. helpful.
    Richard

7. Had same on my v4s they changed the q/shifter no change
    It was the cluch micro switch under the bar very slow to reset

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hmm, bit of a mixed bag then.
    I'm supposed to be having an S1000RR M sport mid next month but looking like it's being delayed even further, if so then I'm thinking about cancelling (again!) and getting a brand new V4S.....not sure it's the right decision though?!

9. Get both!

• Like Like x 2
  10. I would be very surprised if the BMW won't have any teething problems..although I believe the V4 is the top contender on recalls list :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I was hoping that the problems with them would be sorted by the 19yr model, hence why I waited a year to get one. No problems to report with mine, but we will see as I am off to Spain on it this Sunday.

12. I had an order for the new s1000rr Joe, cancelled due to all the nonsense and bought a new V4, all the recalls stuff was done before collection and haven’t had a moment of issue, it’s also a hell of a bike

Daz

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mine is good now got it may 2018

14. OK well not heard anything from BMW today so stuff it.
    Going to Ducatit tomorrow, got 2 bikes to choose from so will see how it goes....

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just got my V4S back from annual service - they had her for 4 days to get all the upgrade and recall stuff done, presumably fitting it in along with other bikes in for service, but I’m impressed that Ducati did all this stuff for free... 16 hours total work including the service, which was £250.

I’m a fat old man relatively speaking but the smile on my face all the way home was worth the wait.

I don’t ride my Fireblade SP at all... I’ll be giving her to my girlfriend. Lucky girl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I test ride the s1000rr the other day and want to order one but he wouldn’t take my money. I want one for 2020 as they wont see any till November but they already have lots of orders so weren’t fussed about selling me one and Just said they will ring me a couple of months before they get them in.

My local Ducati dealer is getting a v4s demo in a few weeks so I’m getting a shot of that. If it as good as they say I will but it.

I’m hoping all the issues area sorted out now.

They have a corse in the showroom but not sure if £1500 extra for a paint job is worth it though I expect residual to be higher at the end

Also got a hankering for a gsxr1000r and they have good deals on them just now

17. I've just got a gsxr1000r for the track, rode a mates at Snetterton and it was brilliant so bought my own by the weekend

18. That's intresting, when I put the VIN in for my 1199 in came up with a exhaust heat gaurd kit recall, never got done on mine, bikes always been serviced at the main dealer too.

19. Regarding the Beemer, I’m having a test ride next week (although not at my local dealer as someone dropped their MSport demonstrator on launch day and they can’t get hold of another one!), but have been told they absolutely won’t be around till next March.

To those guys out there having doubts about a V4S I can only say just get one. The Beemer will probably be amazing, but it’s ugly, it’s not a Ducati ... and who wants to be riding round in Motorrad textiles. :bucktooth::joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information