1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Progress

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JoePeps, Jul 7, 2019.

1. So I picked up the new bike on Friday afternoon. Got bored of waiting for BMW and managed to get this in 2 weeks so was a no brainer really. The whole thing is ridiculous! I know the BMW will be a 'better' bike but this is way more than that, sense of occasion in spades.

Fitted a few Evotech parts and a Ducati Performance comfort seat and racked up about 180 miles so far. Got until a week on Saturday to hit the 650 miles as I've got Donington on 25th and need it serviced and ready to go.

S1000RR is all ready for sale, cleaned and new tyres so hopefully that will be out sooner rather than later.

I'm completely overwhelmed by how awesome the bike is, certainly the right choice and I'm glad the BMW was delayed and forced me to this.
    My dealer were spot on and couldn't have been more helpful and relaxed, would recommend Ducati Nottingham to anyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  2. £1500 for zee german ??

3. Where are your Ducati branded leathers?????????

4. Need to go back and pick a size this weekend...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pick up a new key ring whilst you're at it. :laughing:
    Oh and enjoy the V4.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Awesome machine and I found the key ring funny :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cracking bike mate, keyring looks familiar lol!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Something tells me your in love with sue-perkins!

Enjoy @JoePeps

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Another evening out on the bike, up to 340 miles so well on track for the run in service a week on Saturday.

Started to give it a bit more stick up to about 11krpm, jesus this thing is scary fast, and loves a wheelie even with the electronics on reasonably high!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Loving that key ring

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. 1st service done, and up to about 730 miles now, all set for Donington on Thursday.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. That'll be a mega day on that bud.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. So I'm now up to about 960 miles, Donington and Cadwell done and loving the bike.
    Managed to pick up a set of CRC fairings on here, and then some GB Racing covers as the cost of damage was worrying me slightly!

Stripped the bike down mostly last night, tonight it was time to strip the final few bits from the bike, including the headlight which I was worried about! Turns out it was all pretty easy so all to bits, then fit the fairings. Luckily they had already been fitted by the previous owner so just bolt on really which was nice.

Colour isn't quite as good as I thought in the pictures but it will do the job. Think I'll spray them a nice bright silver over winter with some red decals but for now I'm happy it being a McDonalds sponsored bike!

GB Racing covers also fitted.

The really great thing is the rear lights stay on and I can put the tail tidy back in seconds so as long as it's light I'll still be able to ride on the road with these on so might save a bit of messing around if the weather is nice over the next few weeks. I reckon a full change is 3 hours work now I know what I'm doing so not too bad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got Snetterton on Monday next week, then Cadwell on 8th Sept and then that's my UK days done this year, just Portimao in November to look forward to then.

• Like Like x 4
  14. V noice.
    How's the leccy suspension on track, liking the adjustability?

15. Cheers.
    I'm probably not quite good enough to really know at the pace I'm currently at but certainly no complaints. I can't say I've noticed anything bad which I suppose is good sign!

Comes into it's own on the road though, I've go it set to full soft for pottering around and it's certainly got a better ride quality than my 2003 M3!

16. Yeah I doubt I'd fully make use of it either bud. But all the die hards at track say they prefer the manual suspension :thinkingface:, probably just good old conservatism.

Very nice, but hey the E46 is worth the bumps. What a motor.
    I had the one after it the V8 and as much as I loved it I'll always admit whenever I see a 46 M3 I get more of a buzz :imp:

17. I think it you really really know your stuff then the manual can work better, but I just want to turn up to a track and enjoy, the only tinkering I want to do is tyre pressures so for me it works.

this is my 3rd E46, I've had an E90 manual saloon which I loved, and also bought a new M2 in 2017 so well versed in my M cars, love them. The newer stuff is certainly less fun though, E46 is the perfect sweet spot! This was the the 'ring earlier this year.

[​IMG]Untitled by Joe Pepper, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  18. Exactly bud. All 99% of track riders need. I literally have no clue about pre load and all that I've just paid a guy to set it up for me, but I'd love an electronic system with simpler options.

Nice vid, sure you've noted how there value has gone up of recent as well. What was 12k a few years ago is now significantly more.
    Yeah M2's are nice, my brothers got the new Competiton, picked it up this Jan, one with the M3 engine in it. Lovely car but I'm that much of a stingey bugger the S*** it's taken in 6 months value wise just revolts me.

19. Haha yep exactly!

I've only had this one about 6 months but the first one I bought was £6k about 6/7 years ago, paid £12k for this one! Should be depreciation proof but do need quite a bit of up keep at this age and miles really, cost me £2.5k when I bought it for rod bearings and a load of suspension bits etc but it drives amazingly now. Next bills will be a Vanos kit, set of tyres, inspection 2 service and a few other bits, that's another £2k+....! But I'm keeping it until I can afford a Cayman GT4 so keeping it sweet!
    Luckily my M2 was faulty so I gave it back and got most of my money returned but that lost £20k in 18 months!! Never again.

• WTF WTF x 1
  20. Christ that does sound alot. Hopefully if you keep it long enough though you should recoup those maintenance costs on sale, ya never know.
    Yeah there a complete money pit it's ridiculous, don't think even the AMG models lose as much in comparison.
    Haha that's literally what he wants next lol. Now that's a guaranteed no loss right there. But still, alot of money for what's essentially a little super sport coupe. But doesn't matter does it when you know your going to get your money back, Dad's got a new GT3 he got last year and it doesn't really matter what mileage he puts on itwothin reason. As long as he doesn't take the piss he getting at least what he paid for it back if he sells it + more maybe.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information