1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Standard Preload

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jaykay, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Does anyone know what the standard preload on a 2021MY V4S is for both forks and shock. I thought I had put mine to standard and was experimenting with different levels and somehow lost my way. I ended up with the front pushing a lot into corners and the front tyre being chewed up on the edges much like too much weight on the front. However on corner exit it would run wide! I need to put the spring preload back to standard and start from there again.
    How many turns front spring preload?
    How many lines showing on the rear? thanks.

2. Pretty sure mine came with no preload on the front from factory, I got told this was quite common?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Best to set the static sag front & rear for your weight as a starting point. YouTube is full of how to do this - Dave Moss would be a good start. Even better would be a pro suspension set-up if you're not familiar with the whys & wherefores of suspense adjustments.
    DM can be irritating, but generally sound advice:

4. No. It would have had preload wound on.

5. I’m Just after the standard settings from factory.

6. Is this info available in the owner's manual? Could your local dealer give this info?

7. Standard settings should be in the owners handbook. Suspension aside, check the front tyre pressure. They’re very sensitive to pressure and low pressure is indicative of what you’re describing

8. No. It came with 0 preload, was set up by 100% suspension and he said a lot he does start like that.

9. The owners handbook just says contact dealer for the V4S. The standard v4 has some settings in the manual.
    Tyres were spot on. 3rd trackday on that front. 32psi hot all day long. I could feel the”push” in the initial part of the corner. Previous 2 days were ok, only on this day I messed around with front and rear preload.
    I thought I had it as 11 turns preload and 10lines showing on the rear shock as standard but when I’ve gone back to that the bike’s acting weird

10. If anyone is interested, i got a response from Ducati and from @nelly (i think) at Cornerspeed.:upyeah: The standard front preload was 2mm and the rear preload was 13mm.
    This helped me put it back and work my way to better settings again.
    The curious thing is that when I thought the bike was handling at its worst, ie pushing the front and not turning, i did my quickest lap times at 2 different circuits :joy:.
    So, note to self. Leave well alone. If it's not broken......

Do Not Sell My Personal Information