1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4s Throttle - Long Throw

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by vectorzero, Jul 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Anyone else have this issue. I noticed on a longer ride that I'm constantly readjusting my throttle position to enable me to get to full throttle after a period of mid throttle. I did not notice this on my Panigale V4S.

I'm going to look at the way I sit on the bike, because it may be something to do with the angle my right wrist adopts naturally. I've already rotated the brake lever down to try and reduce the angle, but maybe I need to do more.

It may also be that the throttle has quite a long throw between fully closed and fully open.

Anyone else noticed the issue or do I just need a new skeleton?

P.S. Anyone found a quick action throttle for a fly by wire bike?

2. I've also found this but thought it might just be me... glad it's not

3. The V4 Streetfighter is the first fly-by-wire Ducati I have ridden where the slop in the throttle is so obvious and is such a pain. No issue with my Panigale V4. Andy

4. First thing I ordered was some Ducati Spacers for the throttle...

5. I think its more to do with the throw than any slop.

However, I did have spacers fitted on my Panigale. I've got spacers on order and I'll fit them, and update the thread. They're somewhere in customs at the moment, so maybe by the weekend...

#5 vectorzero, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  6. That would be great, thanks

7. Spacers have finally arrived! Will fit tomorrow and update.

• Like Like x 1
  8. any updates on this one mate?

9. Work commitments have kept me from the shed, but hopefully I'll fit them on Saturday.

10. I have the spacers, but not the bike as some thieving scumbags stole it two weeks ago...

11. that's shit mate. no sign? what's the insurance say about replacement?

12. Bike was fitted with a tracker and the tracking company were able to direct the police to a location in Essex. They recovered two stolen motorcycles and made arrests. Last I heard was that they were waiting for a warrant to search other premises at that location. In the meantime it has all gone absolutely silent despite me asking every day for an update.
    Seems to me that unless they secured that location for the last two weeks (very unlikely) then if the bike had been there it won't be now. We know the tracker was removed and dumped two miles away, but the frustration for me is that this was a really good opportunity to recover a high value vehicle that has been botched...
    Insurance company have made an offer which doesn't completely cover the finance (quel surprise), so whichever way it goes it will end up costing me a *lot* of money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. that's crap mate, makes a mockery of having tracker, insurance and all that crap. hope it gets sorted but of course, dont suppose there are even replacement bikes available now

14. Gutted for you David.
    Scumbags is a strong word,probably brought up on the wrong side of the tracks poor souls.A good telling off they will get when apprehended and told not to do it again.
    All will be well.

15. Bastards

16. The words I actually used rhymed with punts and brotherduckers...

17. get a jet-time throttle and switch combination no free play..:upyeah:

18. Really sorry to hear this.

Was the bike stolen while out and about, or from a secure place?

19. So sorry to hear that. I've had a couple of bikes stolen and its a horrible experience. The whole procedure (police, insurance) lacks empathy and you're always out of pocket. I feel for you.

20. Do you mean JetPrime? I have not seen anyone give any feedback on these. Have you any experience on a bike with a Stradale engine?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information