1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Vs 1199r...anyone Had Both Care To Comment

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mileypau, Jul 5, 2021.

?
  1. V4s

16.7%
  2. 1199R

66.7%
  3. Neither, stick with the 999, that's enough for anyone

16.7%
  1. Hi everyone....had a good month or two at work and looking to scratch the electronics itch.

I've a very tasty 999s with a good deal of DP parts and R stuff. Also a Diavel for run around and I do track days on a dedicated bike (2005 Kawasaki, sorry). Aside from the ABS and traction control on the Diavel, sports bike riding for me is all analogue. In my price range is either a V4s or the 1199R. It will get ridden hard so interested in anyone who has had that experience and what do you think?

It will be on track days.

Away from the track the R does shout exclusive, but V4s is of course the next generation.

Thoughts anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Most people tracking V4's exclusively are buying the V4 base model and upgrading the suspension front and back, you get a much better track bike that way.

An R is a lovely thing and absolutely sings but depends what you want, either will far outweigh your talents, no offence intended, so buy what you 'want' ...

At the track the R still shouts exclusive, not many being tracked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Track days? V4S all day. The electronics and power are a hoot when you stitch them together. The 1199R is obviously a bit more special and will have the chin strokers procrastinating. But the V4 is significantly faster I'd say.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Which R - Panigale R or 1199r? Very different bikes

5. It has taken me a long time to find a bike that suits my track riding style and has a consequent impact on my lap times.
    It was in the end a combo of power and light weight, but only when I got a suspension and set up expert on the case that the seconds really disappeared.
    What I did not anticipate was how I would perform. The effect of bike stability on my style and confidence has been profound. I now have a palpable sense of awareness and have totally suppressed all the "oh shit" moments.

If you are at Silverstone on Wednesday I can introduce you to the previous owner of my 1199 "R", who now runs a V4S.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I owned a V4s and chopped it in for the gen two Pani R.
    I have not tracked either and never intended to. Too much money for me to risk throwing up the road.
    I chose to go ‘back’ for several reasons; depreciation on v4, exclusivity of R, last of the v twins and, most importantly, how the bike ‘fitted’ me. The twin is physically narrower and I’m little.
    So, normally in answer to this type of question I would say go for the twin. But, your needs are track. So v4 every time. They are mental. But I would also seriously look at the Aprilia and if budget allowed, the new v4sp (which would be first choice).
    Nice question.

• Like Like x 1
  7. my pani r is sublime on track :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I've tracked/raced my 16 R. It's been fantastic, but its a major struggle to stay with anyone handy on the V4. Its doable, but you know you are working, and the V4 riders tend to make it look a lot easier.

I'm a twin guy through and through though, so no V4 on the horizon for me (apart from the ones getting away).

• Like Like x 3
  9. The 1199R i.e. the twin vs the V4s ..... bearing in mind moving up from a 999

10. Many thanks Jack.....I on the other hand am 6' 4" so a teeny tiny bike doesn't always work. Tried the Aprilia when it came out and it was like riding a 250. Amazing mind. Having said that my track bike is a 600 Kawasaki. Need to go and sit on a few......

BTW I'm not building a track bike, but recognise it will need to be on track to explore the limits. No intention of crashing it (ahem) but rock up for some road bike only days and have some fun.

11. Cheers Paul. Nope not at Silverstone - was at Donny on Monday !! Thanks for the offer

12. I can see that - last of the V twins. I'm not out to win anything, more test my own limits.

13. Subjective really. The v4 is the newer more refined model. Some will like that some won’t.

If it’s getting a lot of track work the R would terrify me. 1500km rebuild schedules in a race environment at 12grand a pop.

• Like Like x 1
  14. In which case get the Gen 2 Pani R. Much more special in just about every way apart from outright punch (but it’s still 200 bhp right:))

15. 57E064F5-A18D-4724-A6BF-464B03B7A3B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  16. There are two (confusing right!!) one called 1199R (gen 1) and then the panigale R (gen 2) which is 1199. First one is a rebadged S with electronic suspension. 2nd is a very close engine wise bike to a superleggerra and a ‘real’ R

17. panigale r is 1198cc

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mate if your interested there a panigale r on auto trader for a very good price (nothing to do with me)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Many thanks….think that’s where my heart is at

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information