1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V5 Advice Required

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jack999s, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Just wondering whats the correct way to go about dealing with V5,
    Bike is been delivered to its new owner in southern Ireland by courier, Do I just sign it and fill in his details and give the complete v5 to courier or is there a correct way of going about this, Just the part of the new owners details and signing it im not sure about,
    Its for my old 888,

Cheers Jack

2. I have a feeling your sale will be classed as exporting the vehicle. I suggest you look on the DVLA web site. Andy

3. I sold a bike to a guy in Ireland last month although he came to collect rather than by courier.
    Go to https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle and enter all the info requested . My buyer took the V5 as he said he needed it to register the bike in ROI. I was happy to let him have it after completing the online stuff as DVLA had emailed confirmation within seconds.

4. That's great, Will do that, Yes the buyer of the 888 also said he requires the v5, I was a little confused when I had looked at the dvla info a few days ago

Cheers Jack

5. Give him the green slip and just do it online it’s a doddle nowadays

6. Hi again mate, Did you just fill in the part for selling in uk as it states not to fill in that part if exporting and that the exporting part of the v5 has to be filled out and sent to dvla?

7. @jack999s I dont remember exactly step for step but I didnt fill in selling in UK part and I was able to give all the new buyer details required on line and then give him the V5. Sorry I cant help more, maybe try this ? https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla

8. No problem mate, Thanks, That's me sorted, Had a good read through and ive just filled in the export part on V5, It states that this part is not required to register the bike in another country/ export so alls good, Number 1-8 is required though, Cheers

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information