1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Valuation

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by twigger, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Everyone

I have a Ducati 916 Biposto P Registered in the UK November 1996 and purchased and kept for 12 years by a good mate of mine. Had a datatool alarm fitted by a reputable Motorcycle workshop (Armstrong Motorcycles) in May 2000, this has been removed by M and S Motorcycles Newcastle as the Bike was/is kept in a secure building, all the alarm parts/fittings are available to refit if necessary and the original certificate of installation is present.

I purchased the bike in June 2009 and have owned it for 11 years, the current mileage is 5853, most of the time the bike was kept on a SORN, the gradual rise in mileage is visible from the MOT information and can be verified by the mileage shown on the service receipts.

MOT History

July 2010: Pass 4,942 miles

July 2011: Pass 5,196 miles

April 2015: Pass 5,332 miles

January 2017: Pass 5,504 miles

July 2018: Pass 5,745 miles

The previous owner fitted Marchesini wheels and Termignoni end cans. The original wheels and standard end cans are in with the price of the bike, the reason the MOT mileage and service dates match is that I arranged for the bike to be transported by the garage and returned.

Servicing.

April 2015 5332 miles, MOT, Tyres, Battery, Belts, Service.

February 2017 5504 miles, Belts, Service,

July 2018 5737 miles, Service and Clutch Slave seal replaced.

Parts replaced during 2017

Original rear Shock replaced with same OEM item due to corrosion issues.

Original Chain and sprockets replaced with same OEM item due to corrosion issues.

Solenoid relay

Front callipers refurbished at Powerhouse Automotive

Original front brake hose replaced with same OEM item due to corrosion issues, quite a few parts have been re-plated

I have the V5 in my name, both keys, original tool bag, and the receipts for all servicing work carried out and parts replaced.

With work commitments overseas I don’t get time to ride on the road now (not that I ever did) so after staring at it half-cut for three months of Covid lockdown and calculating its cost me £4.50 per mile I’m seriously thinking ill sell it. any thoughts on value would be much appreciated.

IMG_0464.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. Twigger, whatever you do don't refit the alarm it won't work properly anymore and Datatool from that era were far from reliable anyway, I would chuck that in the bin. Lovely looking bike, probably sell quickly especially with the original wheels, if it was me I would put the originals back on and sell the 5 spokes separately. It will need the belts replacing if the buyer wants it to drive as they have sat too long. Better ideas for a value will be along from others but £7k would be a starter for me, there are a few on ebay for quite a bit more. Not many in this condition and unmolested available anymore. You need to get more photos up to show its condition. Do you have the original front mudguard?
    GLWS

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Denzil, good advice! the alarm was doing everyone's head in and won't be going back on. the previous owner is looking for the front Mud guard, and i think putting the original wheels on would be a good idea, Cheers

4. Looks like a grat bike. GLWS

5. Looks like a honest motorcycle and perhaps maybe ebay is the flatform for the way forward with a reserve price in play for protection.

6. I'll have it for 7k

7. Where are you based?

8. According to his avatar/profile, in Middlesbrough

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Is the history complete, do you have the early stuff from your mate?

10. Your getting desperate now mate with all these questions.:thinkingface:

11. No desperation, just trying to find out about the bike, quite important that history stuff

12. Why don't you send him a PM and be first in the queue.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  13. That is a very tempting bike.
    I'd almost consider selling my 748 SP to get that.

14. @twigger I wouldn’t bother with eBay you’ll more likely than not just get dicked around. I’d pay the £5 to subscribe to this here Forum and then advertise it on here, a much better class of buyer. As for price, well, take a look on eBay, carandclassic, autotrader, a general Google search and then set a price accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Good advice , nothing against Ebay but I agree that this forum would be the best place to sell. I’m waiting on the workshop sending me a hard copy of the early service history,

• Like Like x 2
  16. Early service details arrived via land mail today, so i have the full history now from M and S Motorcycles in Newcastle upon Tyne
    April 1998 Oil change at 2247 miles
    October 1999 Rear Hub Re-Call at 3832 miles
    December 2000 Service including Belts at 4324 miles

i've had a look on various sites as advised by West Cork Paul, also the Workshop would be willing to sell on my behalf.

Thanks for all the sound advice, and stay safe

• Like Like x 1
  17. Have you decided how much you will let it go for?

18. Hi Mike, not yet no, the previous owner is interested in having it back and im thinking thats where it will go.

19. Thread closed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information