1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Value Of A 94 Strada

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Nick Collins, May 17, 2017.

1. Anyone hazard a guess at the value of a 94 916 Strada with 20,000 miles, nice but not a show pony, not completely standard either (termi's, ohlins, full floaters and various carbon bits).
    Thanks..........Nick

2. Do you have any pictures of it?

#2 ChrisDS, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  3. about £3000 il come pick it up tomorrow if you like!! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. looks very clean why you selling??

5. Not been used for 18 months, not really sure about selling but I have a dvt Multi that's my main bike so the 916 stays in it's vacbag

6. mate it looks really nice, but back to your question, a mate of mine sold one last year on an 94 M plate now where near as nice as yours but was totally original and it went for £8400.

7. Really? I would guess that standard is always best on a bike like this although I like it the way it is, just never use it (although i'm sure if I took it out of the bag and put it where I could see it I probably would not be thinking of selling).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. That looks lovely. Has it been recently serviced etc?

9. get it in the front room mate!!

10. No, it's due a set of belts etc

11. I'll mention this to the GLW:)

12. IMG_0093.JPG

Original Stradas 1994 are becoming very desirable but they need to be original imo, the discs, ducati racing round the hub, the elephant logos etc etc.

If you've got any of the standard bits I'd put them back on, when you sell.

I went to have a look at one the other day which didn't have any of the above and looked an absolute dog, it sold in 2 days for about £6500

I've seen nice ones sell for £10k but they were out the box original.

13. Nice bike. Keep it or else you will regret it for the rest of your life. I too have a 916 that gets ridden rarely, but I wont even countenance the idea of selling her and wifey feels the same.

Originality is nice, but for me as long as all the oem parts are included, then if shes wearing a pretty look it wouldnt bother me. I even have old nuts n bolts for mine. Only bit I dont have are the oem cans but who cares about them?

Anyways, shes very pretty.

• Like Like x 1
  14. +1 for Bootsam. My 998 garage queen is pretty impractical for the amount of time I get to ride and the conditions I ride in, and despite it probably being worth a good deal more than I paid for it, I ain't selling it! looking at getting a commuter style to go with it (insurance etc dependant).

but if you do sell it, I would have thought closer to 6k than 10k, but it does look in very good condition going by the photos (and the idea of you keeping it in a vac-bag). good luck however you go about it.

Pete

15. The sad thing is we have all (or many of us) owned one of these at some point. I bought mine from Fowlers of Bristol very close to launch and paid I think £10,500. I sold it back to them a couple of years later for about £11,000, most of which I foolishly spent (due to the hype and I'm not even British) on a new Triumph Daytona T595 which I can say was the worst bike (and only non-Ducati) I have ever owned; having needed a new non-polished alloy frame, a new fuel injection system and which at 10,000 miles threw a con-rod having suffered small end bearing failure to the middle cylinder (a triple? Surely not!). Both Fowlers and Triumph were absolutely abysmal and I ended up selling the bike to a breaker a couple of years later for about £500!
    The attitude was simply, "Well, we've had your cheque!" So it's fair to say that selling that bike was one of my greatest regrets (the other being that I was not born someone else) and my advice would be, if you can afford to, to let sleeping dogs lie!
    I also at about the same time sold an ex-Fast by Ferracci AMA 955 but that's another somewhat more profitable story.

16. I had a T595 before my 916. Loved it until I stoppied it due to serious heavy braking into the side of a van. Great fun bike, but a bit of a hoon.

17. Mmm, maybe i'll hang on to it then, I think most of the important bits are on it except the 'Ducati Racing' rear wheel so I'll have to keep an eye out for one on Ebay

18. £2500 if you need the cash fast...can collect.

19. Thanks, that's a very kind offer, fortunately I don't need the cash :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information