1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Van Service Needed Warranty Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dirty Leeds, Apr 3, 2020.

1. as above I really need a service on the van, but it’s still under manufacturers warranty with Vauxhall and am unsure if I need a garage that is vat registered or if genuine parts are needed to keep the warranty happy. Garages are shutting left right and centre up here, I usually have service at 10k but it’s probably 16k interval now and yes I know it’s 22k intervals but I don’t agree with those it feels wrong

I’m prepared to travel for a service as I’ll incorporate with a job any help appreciated

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. unless you have some kind of lease with some kind of clause stating it has to be serviced by a Vauxhall agent, which I doubt. any vat registered garage using after market parts will do fine. unless there has been any recent changes to block exemption.. most should have the means to print out a schedule of the particular service you are after too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheers now need to find a garage that’s open and vat registered

4. Well, hello there. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Right a job to fife?

6. Argyle and Bute? I worked at coulport for a few days funnily enough, stayed at the anchor inn at garelochhead

7. i thought you were self isolating due to you being a horrible cunt? at least that what @Exige told me... maybe he had his wires crossed (hes not the sharpest our exi)

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Coulport? wow, you still glowing? any Siamese twins growing out the side of you that you were not aware you had before?
    bit of a detour. but if you are up for it, next week would be perfect. cos i'm on holiday. :D
    and joking aside, the joshter would be on it. top class. its just ticking over at the mo, and its not like he ever gave a ferk about the clock anyhoo. :D
    Thursday would be perfect. much cheapness.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. not self isolating. just from yourself. *chortle*
    :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. one day we shall meet dawg... i hope so. you have nothing to fear as you have no teeth already! lol... im not sure id understand a word you are sayin either but i think id enjoy a pint or 2 with ya... after the apocalypse dude...

11. Appreciate it I can see if any work takes me north but probably difficult as things rarely work, I’ll have a look at jobs I know there’s a bike to bring down south from Scotland but it’s 1700cc no thank you

Fella who owns the anchor inn owns garelochhead coaches always at end of the bar when I stayed there nice fella and nice staff back then, he had Colin McRae ex rally car at one point ...not skint, he has a hole in his living room wall so he can look through his kitchen at his boat on the loch funny

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’ll take you up next week but you got to sit in back of van

13. aye, that's generally how we do it too. a quick hello, punch the shit out each other then settle down for a bleather. great craic.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. as long as there is a bowl of water and i dont get kicked for having a shit on the carpet, that sounds good!

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. yip, nice part of the world.
    somebody good will open down your way.

16. Just use vauxhall parts and the right oil, warranty will still be covered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. daughter used to work in warranty section for a local kia dealer and she when there said, it was okay as long as it was a vat reg garage and they had used original kia parts and both needed to be proven. Might be diffferent for vans and vauxhall?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. the dealers are all shut. they are up here anyhoo. I have two cars off the road in the workshop because I cant get dealer parts.

19. Most are shut here , vw parts and Vauxhall parts are still open as are one or two of the local factors.

20. the VW place might be getting a call then, what about Merc?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information