1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Vehicle Hold Control (vhc) - Retro Fit To Dvt?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Neil987, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Hi all, Any ideas how the ENDURO Vehicle Hold Control works and if this could be retro fitted to the DVT? I think this would be a great addition for the more road biased bike, just wondering if its mechanical or electronic - any ideas?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I would guess at electronic based on abs activating he rear brake when it senses you're on a hill. Theoretically they could do it on a software upgrade on skyhook bikes. Skyhook uses a theoretical point in the sky which could also be used to sense your tilt according to that point (am I on a hill). If so it could activate ABS on the rear brake. Then when the bike starts to pull forward, release that brake.

3. I agree that it may be useful the "normal" 1200/1200S models especially when two up and fully loaded.

I would have thought there would need to be some sort of actuator/value assembly to hold and slowly release pressure in the brake line(s) plus another few hundred lines of code in one of more of the ECUs. Getting the Vehicle Hold Control feature enabled in software would be the problem.

I wonder if it just holds on the back brake? Could be interesting given the notorious inefficiency of the Ducati rear brakes, especially on earlier models of the 1200 Multistrada.

Might get a better idea of what's needed once Ducati release the Spare Parts Catalogue for the new 1200S Enduro model.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. The jump detection from the enduro could be another handy one to out on to a skyhook dvt

5. Can't imagine it would be very good on the front, I've had a bike skid backwards before when holding by the front brake on a steep hill/junction. Plus I'd be nervous with some kind of automatic braking on the front of a bike?

But does a bike really need this? My Wife's car has hill start assist (or whatever it's called) and it's good, even if not entirely necessary, but I'm thinking an electrically operated brake on a bike is starting to over-complicate things...

6. Um... My 2010 multi rear brake has been awesome since the day I got it... With no modification [emoji13]

Just lucky I guess.

7. ;)

#7 Hyperextended, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  8. I'd just settle for a back brake TBH?

9. + one I just use that old method of my right foot on the brake, just like they teach in your riding test.

To me it's sounds like just another almost pointless gimmick to go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information