1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venhill Brake Lines

Discussion in 'Online Retailer reviews' started by Android853sp, Apr 10, 2016.

1. As some of you will remember, I decided to replace the OE piggy back style front brake line set up to the race style individual brake line set up on my 1098R. After reading reviews on the internet and suggestions on the forum, I decided to use Venhill who are a UK company based In Dorking.
    Their internet site is fairly straight forward although in their product listing, the product codes don't give a description so you have to follow the link to find out whether it is OE or race style. Venhill brake lines do not follow convention where manufacturers like HEL clamp the pipe around the banjo fitting, the Venhill pipe has a pressure fitting either end that screws onto the banjo. Oddly internet orders are dispatched within 2-3 days whereas if you order by phone it can take several weeks.
    Anyway, I ordered on the net and the brake lines duly arrived by 1st class mail within the week. Package contained all you need to swap everything over. Banjos are hex drive not like a standard 6 sided nut and are made from what looks like good quality stainless steel.
    There are no fitting instructions supplied although there is a video on their web site showing a generic method. I found this led to a bit of trial and error but nothing requiring an apprenticeship and 15 years in a workshop to work out.
    I will however add a word of caution and highlight that if you are running 330mm discs, you will not be able to assemble the banjo to the caliper whilst the caliper is fitted to the bike. There just isn't the room for a standard allen key or socket hex drive. If you are happy to make a special allen key then that's fine but you won't be able to apply the recommended torque.
    Would I recommend Venhill ? Their service was very good, the parts appear to be excellent quality and notwithstanding the faffing around when fitting, yes I would. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  2. It's good to hear positive reviews from a supplier like this, this is a very small engineering firm that is just round the corner from me that I have been using for over 25 years. I am lucky in that I just pop in and get my stuff made there and then and have had cracking service from them also.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information