1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Villa

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Vader, Oct 5, 2020.

1. I’m sorry but had to post somewhere.
    watching my team over the last 8-10 years has been a depressing thing, until last night. This isn’t meant to upset Liverpool fans but the Villa destroyed them last night. I couldn’t believe what I was watching. Liverpool weren’t at their best but still, to concede 7 against my little team who only just avoided relegation a few weeks ago by 1 point. I was speechless.
    I know it won’t last but can I please have this moment? Thank you.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. The only trouble with Villa is that they wear the wrong colours. Now, I get wind-up cards with my new niece wearing a Villa top!

Yes. they deserve everyone's praise for doing Liverpool in such a classy way - they just need to change their colours!

• Like Like x 1
  3. change their colours, wash your mouth out sir! Change their colours indeed. I’ve never been so offended! (No, really I haven’t, maybe it’s because I’m thick or I just don’t care, I can’t decide)

4. They were brilliant last night.........and thread moved ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks, didn’t realise I’d posted in the wrong place. UTV

6. Had those colours since 1874, they ain’t changing, mar baby.

7. Villa pre-date WHU as a team, it can’t be helped if WHU followed Villa....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. And actually, thinking about it, I think that Villa may be my nearest Premiership team! Nothing going West to Wales and I have to go East about 90-odd miles to Stamford Bridge. Villa can't be more than 70 miles (We don't do premiership in the West Country!). I can't find sufficient enthusiasm to investigate further but I think that the chances of Bristol City, Swindon, or Reading getting to the Premiership are pretty slim!

My closest club is Stroud (Forest Green Rovers). They are crap but sponsored by Stroud Ales - which makes them OK, by me!

9. Drat! WHU 1895!

10. West Bromwich Albion would be closer than Aston Villa.

11. Yes you are right (I guess) . You have now succeeded in ruining my day - twice!

12. Bristol City aren’t a bad side and have flirted in and around the play offs. Yeah come on, be a Villa fan, we need all we can get!

13. No they’re not, he needs to become a Villa fan

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Besides, he won’t understand anyone at the Baggies ground!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. When West Ham had a "holiday" in the Championship, I did go and see them play City. They were very reluctant to give me a ticket as they didn't know me and saw it as a "dangerous" game. I did get a ticket in the end through a City season ticket holder. I was supposed to be in a "home" stand. Suddenly about 30 people around me got up and revealed their West Ham colours and all hell broke lose! They were all kicked out but I kept my head down! West Ham won!

16. I’ve just watched the goals, well done AV for trouncing the ‘bin dippers’.

17. Possession heat map from last nights game
    5D34E2C8-DCB9-4E18-A059-364AC17A329B.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Great achievement by Villa, but how about Man Utd getting absolutely shafted at Old Trafford again?

• Like Like x 1
  19. I think yr getting us Baggies confused with the Yam Yams further down the road. I hate to admit being an Albion fan but Olly Wadkins has paid back his £28m fee back already.
    Boing boing

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I think you mean the Dingles, yamyams spake proper.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information