1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinales Withdrawn By Yamaha For Austria 2 This Weekend

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Freak, Aug 12, 2021.

1. WTF ? I recall Vinales being accused during free practice of deliberately trying to put FQ off his stroke but deliberately trying to wreck the motor ? That is potentially some serious shit which if proven beyond reasonable doubt could well be the end of MV's career in MotoGP. Scary stuff. Andy

#2 Android853sp, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Very strange. He cant deal with Fabio being superior in all respects though.

3. I think Yamaha have just had enough of his antics, he's spat the dummy with Fabio being a clear No. 1 in the team, changed his personnel to try and up his game, messed with Fabio throughout last weekend.... There's nothing good to say here.

Be better off gone, Crutchlow is in for the next 2, bring Gerloff or better still Toprak in for the remainder of the season.

#4 Freak, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rossi back to the Factory team then :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Do you know I joked about the same thing. Hope not... just give him some carrots and put him in the field out back.

When MV was in the Suzuki MGP team I was really excited about him, he's just gone backward and backward in my estimation each year. I doubt he cares, but I think he's a right nobber.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I get the impression Yamaha are losing the plot a bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Seems like it... so weird, they finally start to make some progress in BSB, WSBK and the wheels come off the MGP effort..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I must be missing something, their number 1 rider is way out front in the championship. Seems they just need to move donkey nuts to pastures new.
    MVs performance has been hot/cold/cold/lukewarm for two seasons. Purely the rider at fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nice idea but I cant see the benefit either to Yamaha or Fabio tbh.

10. Crutchlow moves into Main team. Jake Dixon up to Petronas!:innocent:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Shame Iannone isn’t available

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. If the telemetry proves conclusively that he tried to lunch the engine, not only does that spell the end of his tenure at Yamaha, but I seriously doubt Aprilia will do anything other than tear up his new contract for 2022. His tantrums are going to be his downfall. Saying that Fenati came back after his on track antics and short fuse, so who knows.

13. Fenati is a ‘proper’ bad boy in the mould of Max Biaggi and everyone loves a bad boy. MV is just a spoilt twat. Just my opinion :D Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Since the seat is free why not stick Toprak in there for the remaining few races, assuming they don't clash with his WSBK commitments.

15. Thought Toprak had already stated his immediate future is in WSBK with the intent on being WSBK champion. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Toprak is wasted in WSBK, he should go MotoGP as fast as he can.

17. Are you quoting Jonathan Rea verbatim there?

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Don't tell me, tell Kenan Sofuoglu and DORNA. Can't see it happening and my money is on the loose cannon American (name escapes me) who took the ride last time. Andy

19. It’s all very strange…. I suspect he’s done in that team for sure. I don’t think though toprak will get the ride while he has a chance at the wsbk title, the first to take it away from Kawasaki in 6 years… yes MotoGP is the pinnacle but the Japanese are hugely competitive (like Suzuka) and they aren’t spending pocket change on a wsbk programme

Do Not Sell My Personal Information