1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Gallery

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Rob, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Post your pics here.

:cool:

2. 005.jpg 004.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  3. Stunning! :smile:

4. Thanks. Been after a good one for years. Its the bike that got me wanting a Ducati since i was in my teens. It only took 25 years :biggrin:

5. You dont see many F1's on the road, i bet it sounds as good as it looks :upyeah:

6. It does sound lovely, especially with the unfiltered carbs. What astounds me is how quick it spins up compared to my bandy SS's. It lacks outright power but it revs freely and strongly. The ride is fantastic though.
    If there is a meet somewhere not to far this summer i'll bring her along

7. Saw very similar bike at Festival of Speed, beautiful

8. My 81 MHR.. restored it about 15 years ago...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  9. That is gorgeous!! Bet it sounds as good as it looks!

10. Why the different decals on the tank and fairing? I've never seen that on an F1 before, mine was all the old style?

11. That does look nice but surely you must have more pics to share??

12. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  13. Love that bike design. Reminds me of why I got into bikes when I was a kid :upyeah:

14. +1 to El T's comments, it's a timeless design and really does look as good today as when first produced. Also many congrats on a brilliant restoration.

15. I've done a few restorations, but I'm more into specials/custom/drag racing stuff these days, doing a Guzzi cafe racer at the moment (based on an 89 Cali) and about to start on a Ironhead Harley in a Manx norton frame.. keeps me busy, here's a couple of pics.. of a rare Laverda 120 Formula Jota I rebuilt, had a big bore conversion, cosworth pistons and bored out carbs, it was the last of 7 built back in the early eighties. And my 2 litre 'Harley' sprint bike, that had NOS too.. sounded pretty mean. Last pic is a photo of an old photo, my old 78 Desmo SS, that was the day I rode it home in about 1990, had till a couple of years ago, it was mint when I sold it, just before prices went through the roof.. typical !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  16. Nice Laverda with the motoplas kit great 3 cylinder motorcycle.

brian.

17. The bike was built by the UK importers Slater Laverda, the bodywork was made by Harris I think.

18. The Mirage formula had the motoplas kit on as i remember as the rear was dreadful to look at it came out just after the
    1200TS Mirage which i bought in 1980 , the later ones could of come from Harris as i think the Jota formula came
    later after the mirage version still great motors though.

brian.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information