1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volcano Grey.

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by WillnSam, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Sorry if stupid question. What’s best way to clean the volcano grey 1260 multi. Been told not to use polish as it’s Matt finish.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wash it, leather it. Use polish... don’t use polish. It looks grand as long as you clean all the nooks and crannies.

7E5B68AE-94D3-4FB4-80F2-0EED6A9BBF49.jpeg

Just don’t scratch it as I don’t know of a touch up paint you can get...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi, newbie poster and Multi owner here, unrelated question to the topic but how do you get on iwth your Givi panniers over the Duc ones? do you think they sit too high or over balance the bike when loaded?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Try in the Multi section bud, here

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/forums/multistrada.6/

6. I like them very much. There’s no disadvantage, and all the benefit of top-loading. Very easy to live with and a lot more practical. I know many like the Ducati ones, mine are in the loft... :)

7. Thats good to hear. ill try the ducati ones and see how i get on with them. If they're too small for my needs ill get a givi rack as i have the panniers already. :)

8. And thanks for the link SCUD :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. It’s more the side-loading thing. I have Kriega KS40 bags for me and SWMBO and it makes life a lot easier. When we are camping too it’s nice to have top-loaders.

10. #

He answered on my linked thread Ducbird, it took a bit of searching as I recalled the matte question.

11. 581DEABD-D34E-498D-976C-BD1150E05DFA.jpeg
    This stuff is great and smells lush...

12. Yer ive had side loaders before and they are a pain and the givi ones are great, although a little heavy compared to the plastic ones.

13. Thanks for the advice. Having had the bike a day and found a blooming stone chip already looks like going to have to fork out for paint protection ugh

14. Sorry to hear about your chip. Im due to take delivery of a red multi soon. I wanted the grey but got sort of talked out of it by the dealer as he said it was hard to keep it looking good. Hope you get it sorted? :(

15. NEVER polish it.....always use Matte specific products...NANOLEX do a range of superb matte care products....NEVER ever scratch matte either as nothing can be done to restore finish....

• Like Like x 1
  16. TBH Volcano Grey isn't exactly matte, it's more like "wipe clean". They're gonna get stone chips and marks if they're used properly. Our roads favour vehicles that look like Mad Max extras... :)

I know vehicle detailing and refinishing is your passion Rob, and same for many others. I like to keep my bikes clean and well maintained, there's a gap between where we sit on the spectrum and I've admired many of your detailing posts, and respect your expertise.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’ve a Grey one and after a wash and wipe down with the microfibre cloth I use a quick spurt of some Dodo juice.

65024721-DB41-42E0-8F26-9F4DDD939FEF.jpeg

F75014A2-0A26-4477-AB3D-7B8C0A09314F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information