1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volkswagen Is Looking To The Future And Ducati Could Be Affected.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by WAYNE, Oct 1, 2020.

1. This seems to come up every year, so far no action, only speculation.
    I think the Brand has been better under Audi but not the pricing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. If you believe the political rumblings. Liebour in particular but many Tories too are wanting to end all petrol and diesel vehicle sales by 2030 !!

It cant happen of course, there is absolutely no infrastructure and probably even less demand than infrastructure to go electric lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think that article is BS. Made up by somebody with nothing to do after they have got a coffee and don't feel like starting a proper job. Ducati haven't been standing still are are well into the development of electric bikes - just as VW are with cars. They aren't idiots and know that 2030 will most likely see the death of selling petrol bikes. 2030 may "shock" Visordown but not VW or Ducati.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Just looked here:https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/electric/electric-cars.

So if Ducati needed any help with electric technology, then VW would tell them to F.Off, as we're not sharing anything with you! "Oh, hang on (in German), we own you and so it is not really in our interests to believe Visordown and see you die!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Actually, I do need to buy a car when I get some money and my license back. I was going to get petrol second-hand for about 8-10k, but the VW ID.3 I'm quite taken with (until I know the price!). Maybe that article was subtle, so subtle to encourage me to get a VW car! Extra benefits: VW/Audi own Ducati; and the Germans really know their green stuff!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Not paying that!
    upload_2020-10-1_17-40-28.png

• WTF WTF x 1
  7. Why not, you did for your heating :joy:.....................................................:eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. I just don't get it with electric car prices! I wouldn't pay half that............. but they must think that people will!

• Like Like x 1
  9. No. I didn't have 36g lying about waiting to be spent!!!!!!

10. Your 'future' bills :p

11. I just don't get i though. If Fischer had said that they have this marvelous system that will save you paying for much electricity (compared to an instantaneous electric heater) but it will cost nearly 26 grand then I would of told them to go duck themselves. But that is the gig with electric cars (and probably will be with bikes). I can't see how it will work, though. People and companies are not just going to go out and pay double to get electric cars, rather than petrol ones. I can see the market for good, used, low-mileage petrol cars going through the roof in the 30's!

12. How much was your Fischer Heater when compared with a proper efficient Worcester Bosch at around £1000 - it's all relevant to percentages you know :thinkingface:

13. I don't think that it is. I paid about 2.5 times more, so maybe an extra 1.4k. Ignoring running costs of both the bike and the water heater, we are talking about an extra 1.4k compared to (I'm not up with current VW petrol costs) about an extra 16k! And more because you don't need to buy a brand new petrol as there will be plenty "used" about. But with electric they is hardly anything or nothing about used.

14. Assuming that prices don't change, are you telling me that you would splash out about 36k for an electric?

15. So by percentage cheaper than your boiler then :thinkingface:

16. I would never buy an electric car, the last car I bought was just over £16k and it is now approaching £50k in value :)

17. Virtually no one will pay £36K for one, the vechicles will be sold on a PCP (basically longterm rental without servicing).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. What I don't get is that, yes, I paid about 1.6k more than a gas or electric job but I couldn't buy second-hand. And I could beat the third World power supply we have here. Plus I could deal with a company who wanted to do the job rather that deal with some idiot practiced at telling you that it is not a straightforward job and didn't see any need to answer their phone. Plus, I am not very good on my legs, yet, and I couldn't keep going down on my knees to get them to show up - let alone answer their phone.

Given that I won't suffer from any of this BS when I go to my nearest VW dealer and buy a new electric, or second hand petrol whatever. There will only be this 25k price difference. That is what I don't get.

In the coming years, I could afford to shell out 36k for an electric car but I just can't ever justify that to myself. If electric bikes go the same way then I really don't see how I could ever go electric!

19. Depends on how much the PCP is. One important factor will, I guess, be battery life. The "old" way of chopping in a company car after three or four years will no longer make sense.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information